Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th August 2010, 10:09   #11
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
Thanks RayKay for this info. If I may ask another question. When you say they are not continue through.
Edd
The 17 pin BMW to ISO adapter leads only have 13 cables as there is no ISO designation for the other three (pins 1,2 & 3) and can have various uses depending on the manufacturer, so they are not in the lead.

The plug in your picture is the ISO end of the lead, if you go to the other end there are 4 cavities, two of which will correspond with the Blue/Purple and Blue/Orange in the car loom 17 pin connector, they are the ones you need.
raykay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 10:55   #12
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Thanks again RayKay

I have printed all this info out and I am now going out to play.

I will report back when finished.

Edd
Old 7th August 2010, 18:16   #13
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Well just spent all afternoon and it still isn't working. I have tried all sorts of combinations with these wires and nada.

I even plugged the old harmony back in and it worked fine while I had the Blue/Purple and the Blue/Orange wires connected but stopped working when I disconnected them.

But nothing with the 2 Din unit.

I blew a fuse once so had to replace the F22 15 amp fuse.

Also still haven't got the DVB-T box working either.

At a loss, I dunno what to do next.

Edd
Old 7th August 2010, 19:08   #14
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Well just spent all afternoon and it still isn't working. I have tried all sorts of combinations with these wires and nada.

I even plugged the old harmony back in and it worked fine while I had the Blue/Purple and the Blue/Orange wires connected but stopped working when I disconnected them.

Edd

What you say about putting the harmony back in shows that the Blue/purple and Blue/orange wires are the right ones from the car side, but you dont say which wires on the HU you connected to them. I used the two wires that were originally in the red block.

What the problem with your DVB-T ? Is it powering up? I dont know what kind of box you've got, but the one I got from china came with no battery in the remote. It had a little plastic remove tag which made me think there was one in it, so I was furiously pressing the remote but couldnt get the box to power up until I thought to check it. Have you got a portable telly you can try confirming the box actually works with?

As I mentioned before, another member on here said that he could only get his DVB box working by using the Video In connections instead of the AUX like mine. I'm suspicious that the factories are maybe labelling some of the wires up differently. Your AMP-C wire is another one I'm suspicious of. I'm pretty certain I didn't have one of those.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 20:50   #15
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

The DVB-T box I got off Sean works if I put the house aerial into it. I got quite a few channels and I saw that there were digital radio channels as well.

I watched some of the TV channels but I didn't try any radio ones. I changed the aerial for another and I bought an additional one of eBay which also didn't work.

I bought another DVB-T box and it was the same and in fact I got even more channels than the one from Sean. Again it worked well with the house aerial. But nothing from the mobile aerials.

As for the wheel paddles working with the Harmony unit that was why I tried it and it worked except when I disconnected the two wires.

The wires I have connected from the head unit are the two I cut from the red box. A green one and a Black one.

I have also tried the cables with the labels that say Steering Key1 and Steering Key 2. No joy.

I didn't have any problems with the remotes.

As I said in my OP I used the Aux cables to attach to the box and I have no problems withvision or sound. Just getting a signal through these cheap aerials is the issue.

Edd

Last edited by Mr Edd; 7th August 2010 at 21:04..
Mr Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 20:55   #16
Radioguy
Banned

None

Edd,
Please dumb this down for me.

I will take it to the factory and see if I can get a response.

On the DVB-T I still dont understand, Please try David's things. I have another HI QUALITY to 250 KM hour Model which is more tha double the price, maybe we can work something out if those ones that you have are not working.

Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:05   #17
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:

Edd
The blue/orange and the blue/purple steering wheel control wires are in the main iso block of the car loom so remove them from there.
Cut the red connector off on the radio end and connect the black wire to the blue/purple wire and the green wire to the blue/orange wire.Now go into the setup menu and set the controls to how you want them.Operate one of the controls on the wheel while you press the icon on the screen you want it to operate and the icon will turn blue not red as stated in the manual then do the same for the rest of the controls then press save and it should now work.

For the steering wheel control the only wires you have to connect to the cars wiring are the two connected to the red connector on the units fly-lead.Ignore any separate wires with steering labels on them.

Here is the Video Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQPUUiMyN4
Old 7th August 2010, 21:07   #18
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Hi Sean

As I have said it works with my House aerial but not with the mobile ones.

I have tried it all over Shropshire with no joy.

So the box works just not the aerial.

Edd
Old 7th August 2010, 21:12   #19
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
The blue/orange and the blue/purple steering wheel control wires are in the main iso block of the car loom so remove them from there.
Cut the red connector off on the radio end and connect the black wire to the blue/purple wire and the green wire to the blue/orange wire.Now go into the setup menu and set the controls to how you want them.Operate one of the controls on the wheel while you press the icon on the screen you want it to operate and the icon will turn blue not red as stated in the manual then do the same for the rest of the controls then press save and it should now work.

For the steering wheel control the only wires you have to connect to the cars wiring are the two connected to the red connector on the units fly-lead.Ignore any separate wires with steering labels on them.

Here is the Video Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQPUUiMyN4

I have done all of that and tried different combinations of the connections without joy.

I have reset the setting in the wheel tab many times. Trying holding the wheel button and trying pressing the icons on the screen and then pressing the buttons on the wheel. and vis-a-versa Nada.

Yet it works okay with my old Harmony unit.

Edd

Last edited by Mr Edd; 7th August 2010 at 21:16..
Mr Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 21:35   #20
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:

I have done all of that and tried different combinations of the connections without joy.

I have reset the setting in the wheel tab many times. Trying holding the wheel button and trying pressing the icons on the screen and then pressing the buttons on the wheel. and vis-a-versa Nada.

Yet it works okay with my old Harmony unit.

Edd
Edd Do you have DIRECT Wired or INFRARED Steering Controls?