Notices

Old 13th July 2019, 04:25   #11
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Please can anyone recommend a password manager for Mac and IOS devices on Safari and Chrome?

On checking my email provider I have today been alerted to someone, attempting access of my emails recently from the USA and Lithuania last night at 11:35pm

What is it about these geeks who have gone bad? they should get an honest job in return for an honest wage, not kick the cat and not beat the wife and certainly not attack my emails. Thank you for reading my rant.
iOS uses its own password manager called “Keychain” and its fingerprint or passcode protected. I’ve never had a problem with either my iPad or iPhone, both are fingerprint enabled and when you visit a new site it asks if you want to save the password to Keychain so the next time you visit it asks for password you’re given the option, click the one for the site and use your thumb to access. Brilliant system
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 06:41   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
iOS uses its own password manager called “Keychain” and its fingerprint or passcode protected. I’ve never had a problem with either my iPad or iPhone, both are fingerprint enabled and when you visit a new site it asks if you want to save the password to Keychain so the next time you visit it asks for password you’re given the option, click the one for the site and use your thumb to access. Brilliant system
Good morning sir! My MacBook Pro has keychain but it does not have finger print ID. I have both on my other IOS devices in Africa and the UK. I use the fingerprint method for access to iTunes. I am nervous of using keychain ever since it locked me out and blocked my use of the MacBook Pro. I had to take the laptop into Apple for them get it working again and take off the block. If it works for that’s great stuff

By coincidence, I had to reinstall MAC IOS last night after safari became corrupted and unusable. My antivirus found 77 heuristic phishing emails messages. That is all sorted out now. It does go to show that even Macs can be attacked.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 06:46   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
ONLY 38 different passwords, you must live a very restricted life in line!!
A smart ass!! I tell you what. Get a can and kick it down the road, don’t kick the dog and don’t beat the cat! Be nicer to people and act your age
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 13:40   #14
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I've just installed Encryptr https://spideroak.com/encryptr/ from the software repository on my desktop Linux Mint 19.1 OS.
It's available for all OS's by the look of the download page.

Stupidly I'd been using one particular password over multiple forums etc so I'm just getting round to adding/changing all my passwords..

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote