Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Freebies Bazaar
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2007, 17:10   #1
radi8or
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Walnut auto gear knob

I have a walnut AUTO gear knob that I bought off e-bay, came off a B*W, chap said it had a small crack, hardly noticeable, when it arrived it had two rather large cracks, was not happy, admittedly it's only when the sun shines directly on it that you notice.

Have taken a couple of pics (phone camera), first ones in the shade ,the other is with sun shining on it

I have acquired another (without cracks) so if anybody thinks they can do anything with it or just wants to take a chance it's yours for the cost of postage.

First to PM name and address gets it.

Now taken by Waj

Last edited by radi8or; 1st May 2007 at 18:53..
radi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 07:09   #2
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Thanks Radi8or for the gear Knob. As you know I have spent some time sanding it down to what I thought was a veneer but I know now it is solid wood which is obvious now being the shape it is.

Afer sanding down the cracks it went to a lighter colour which is the bare wood so it must have a stain on before the varnish finish. I took it all the way back but did not have a suitable stain so its just been finely sanded and then had 5 coats of varnish to get the gloss finish.

Anyhow it is actually a slightly different lighter shade to my interior though it was much darker than my wood before it was sanded too.

So here is a picture of it in the car scratch free.

Cheers

Simon.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 08:57   #3
radi8or
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Simon,

Really pleased you managed to salvage it, the different shade is probably because it came off a B*W, perhaps as it ages and the UV rays do their thing it may darken, still if your happy no worries.

Also, just noticed you drive not only the best car but THE best colour too, i'll forgive it being an oil burner.