Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How is your 75/ZT used?
Daily Driven 274 72.30%
Weekends only 55 14.51%
Currently off the road 15 3.96%
No longer own a 75/ZT 35 9.23%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th October 2017, 12:55   #71
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

If anyone is feeling hard done by, from our cars selling cheap, it is also happening to Jags. Here is one going for £499 http://www.carcraft.co.uk/used-jagua...ort-4d-195-bhp
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 13:39   #72
geoffd
Avid contributor

Ford Kuga

Jeesus is this company still trading ---hope its changed for the better !
geoffd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 13:51   #73
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Went to Darlington last week to pick up a chain saw, got chatting with the chap about his Toyota Avensis petrol version, said it was drinking oil..then said his son in law just spent 1800 trying to sort out the clutch on an X type.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 14:05   #74
wutang
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 auto (LPG) & mg tf 160

retired my 75 2 years ago, it is now my dads daily drive!

I now have a grand c4 Picasso (2014) which I have to say I like a lot.

Richard
wutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 15:09   #75
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Default Not all doom and gloom

Just to lighten the doom and gloom - have looked at the last 28 days of the welcome page - 103 new members in that period - so simple pro rating gives 1200 new members a year.

Some will be like me who only came across the ZT/75's in 2013 and the world of MG Rover -never regretted it and will keep my Turbo running as long as possible - for an over 20 year old design concept they are superb - as someone who personally favours the ZT I think they still hold their own against some of the more modern cars - to my mind both Audi and Mercs are getting tackier by the year with their overuse of chrome trim/plastic. .

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 15:26   #76
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Folks,

Was just curious as to who still runs these cars on a daily basis?

How many have you "saved" and why did you eventually get rid or replace with a newer car?

Also on the 75/ZT's you did have what did you have to do (in short) to keep it running in the time you've had it?

I've owned about 10 since i joined last year in 2016... i have saved a few and currently own 3 ZT's one's a Tourer and the others are Saloons, a 1.8t and another 190.
I do run my ZT-T as a daily basically travelling nearly 300 miles a week... but i have ran into my fair share of running issues.

And please tell me/us why you have sold your 75/ZT and have moved to something else?

What are you thoughts on the longitivity of the remaining cars?
These wonderful cars are getting long in the tooth now, and only the real lovers of the mark will continue to use, love and cherish these wonderful flawed cars, and continue to enjoy what is the last of the British car industry, once the envy of the world, now a distant memory.
The forum will continue to be enjoyed by the very same people and will be visited by those looking for answers to problems, however there is no doubt that the halcion days are over, many are moving on to other brands, it is all too sad and pretty final I still love this, but quality interesting posts are thin on ground, we must soldier on.
Who knows Rover may be reserected on day a quality niche electric car maker, we live in hope, the problem is what to replace it with, NOT an easy answer.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 15:34   #77
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

I put my white gold cdt connoisseur down as a weekend drive, the truth is in the 6years I have owned it I have never taken it out on a wet road, and in between trips it is always garaged. I just get so much pleasure from owning a thing of such exquisite beauty. At present, at nearly 18 years old my car still has a rust free original exhaust, a factory clean underside, and only 65k on the clock. I sometimes feel guilty about the meagre 2k a year that it usually does, but all I would say is that as the custodian of this great car, it will want for nothing whilst in my ownership,
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 15:55   #78
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Stepped ashore for a while

Nige
You know what happens when sailors "step ashore for while". They get propositioned and led astray.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 16:26   #79
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
If anyone is feeling hard done by, from our cars selling cheap, it is also happening to Jags. Here is one going for £499 http://www.carcraft.co.uk/used-jagua...ort-4d-195-bhp
Rust issues, expensive to tax and insure, poor MPG and repair bills that would make your eyes water compared with a 75. Jaguar is very current and making great cars but even Jags are achieving banger status. A neighbour has just bought a 55 plate BMW X5 for just £500. The previous owner was glad to see the back of it as it crippled him financially. Sad but true so we will all be looking to keep our cars going on a limited budget.
Old 13th October 2017, 17:22   #80
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I was an R8 tourer fan and owned about 5. We needed a tourer as we needed the space but 75’s were too expensive. Once MGR closed prices dropped and we bought an 1800 turbo which was a brilliant car but low spec, this was changed for an 04 1800 nasp. Once it hit about 70K we decided to look for as late a car as possible and ended up with Marmite which needs no introduction. This was our family daily driver and used for everything from taking my daughter around the country to play wheelchair basketball to the Sunday tip run. It stayed as the family daily driver until 2 years ago when we got a MINI Paceman for my daughter to learn to drive in and it became the daily driver saving the miles on the tourer. The tourer was rotated with my R8 coupe as my daily driver but is currently parked up awaiting rear arms. Even though it was one of the last cars to come out of Longbridge it’s definitly starting to show it’s age. It’s unlikely that we would ever sell it but realistically it’s too old for the family daily driver.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote