Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th March 2024, 06:02   #11
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGRS View Post
This is the problem we face every day - we're constantly looking for supply / information and just getting a reply from some companies is a real pain.

With regards to springs, I know it's not the solution you're after but we have standardised the rear springs for all 75 models these days - finding individual codes was a nightmare, and when fitted the differences are fairly minute.

If you need a hand with any of the other suspension parts for your rebuild, you know where we are - we have a raft of excellent quality rear suspension components in stock

Matt,

Would you be prepared to share the info on the free length of your springs?
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2024, 18:31   #12
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Don't wish to highjack your very interesting thread but I've a 2004 Contemporary SE Hi-line 2.5L manual (with ex. factory 17" Meteors) and it's fitted with a rear anti-roll bar (I'm pretty sure from new) which is/must be part of what in the SE pack was termed 'Sports suspension' - I've asked the question before but does anyone know what exactly the 'Sports suspension' option is? Unfortunately I cannot read the under-seat spring/suspension data label so if anyone with a similar model spec./manufacture date (15th March) vehicle and also has the data I'd appreciate a photograph (or the details). According to Reebs excellent vehicle records there were 786 Contemporary SE Hi-line 2.5L manuals of this specification produced.

Last edited by rab60bit; 18th March 2024 at 19:16..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 13:28   #13
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Just to add a bit more info.

I have tried contacting Allevard Springs ltd, the OEM supplier, they were closed down in 2022 by their parent company SOGEFI Group.
So I tried contacting them, here is their reply:

Hello,

SOGEFI is a suspensions components group with manufacturing plants supplying parts and OES only and directly to the Car Makers during vehicle mass production and for 10 years after vehicle EOP. After this period , the production tooling can be dismissed. Moreover, we are not an Aftermarket dealer and , as per strict contract obligations, we cannot supply parts to other entities or persons different than our customers. We are sorry but unfortunately cannot help you.
Apologies

While I think it will be fruitless, I have replied pointing out that Rover Group ceased trading 19 years ago, and hence the contractural obligation, and that all I had hoped for would be enough data to get replacement springs made.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 8th April 2024, 11:56   #14
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I have fitted a new spring (Sachs) to the 2.5 Connie SE 2003. I measured the thickness of the spring when it arrived. With the micrometer telling me it was within one thousands of an inch the same. Length when fitted, I measured the distance each side height wise above the rear wheel arch, and it was the same height.
Old 8th April 2024, 14:27   #15
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
... I've a 2004 Contemporary SE ... and it's fitted with a rear anti-roll bar (I'm pretty sure from new) which is/must be part of what in the SE pack was termed 'Sports suspension' - I've asked the question before but does anyone know what exactly the 'Sports suspension' option is?
With apologies for a very late reply John, my 2004 brochure describes the sports suspension optionally fitted to your Contemporary SE as being "lowered, including uprated springs, dampers and anti-roll bars".

The rear anti-roll bar was originally a standard feature across the range. In 2002 only 1.8T and 2.5 V6 models had it. It disappeared completely from my 2003 brochure but was included again in 2004 but only for tourers and V6 saloons.

So in fact the presence of an anti-roll bar was linked to engine size in some years but never trim level whereas the "sports suspension" was!

Simon
Old 8th April 2024, 15:57   #16
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I have fitted a new spring (Sachs) to the 2.5 Connie SE 2003. I measured the thickness of the spring when it arrived. With the micrometer telling me it was within one thousands of an inch the same. Length when fitted, I measured the distance each side height wise above the rear wheel arch, and it was the same height.

Hi David
What springs were originally fitted ? & what was the pt No. of the Sachs one you fitted?

Did you measure the free length of the new/old spings? & what were the dimensions?

SteveN
Rear seat cup holders.