Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th January 2024, 21:22   #11
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Signed and forwarded
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2024, 09:36   #12
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

As at 10:32 on the 31 January there are 573 signatures. The last petition along these lines failed miserably (I think around the 2k mark). I cannot see the (any) government acceding favourably to this issue when they need every penny to run the Parliamentary Estate restaurants and bars. ;-)
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2024, 14:25   #13
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Nice dream but right now the Govt view all drivers as climate killers they want all cars melted for scrap pronto. Did you know they even created a new offence to punish folks who like to keep a second car taxed but parked on private land as not insured and who insure them second vehicles on an adhoc basis like for holiday trips in that second car ect and such temp insurance policys are readily avaialable for such purposes. So Unless a vehicle is on the Motor insurance database it is an offence to keep it taxed as well apparently but i told them to get lost recently not paying that daft penalty ever and i doubt they will be able to prosecute unless we have gone full commie. I bet this applies to many who own more than one vehicle but use only one of them daily/routinely. The penalty for driving without insurance is severe its not worth the risk but taxing and sorning adhoc is a nice little money earner for HM Govt as every time they take there % fee, tell me im wrong lol.

btw anybody here ever wondered why Private none commercial vehicles got grouped in with the tax class of light goods vehicles all those years ago? What a scam! For the record i think road tax is good value at present even for our againg vehicles but this will all change when they go pay per mile and abandon this free roaming affair we all know and love. 15 minute cities folks, you wont need a car but they would still like you to pay the tax i bet so stock up on trainers that wont report you to the council should you go for a walk and venture outside your 15 minute zone.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 1st February 2024 at 14:32..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2024, 18:01   #14
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Unfortunately it is in the interest of the car industry (and by extension the Government) to produce new cars, not to encourage the use of 20-year-old cars. Yes, of course it is far more environmentally friendly to keep an older vehicle in use than build a new one but environmental policy is simply "greenwash".
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2024, 10:24   #15
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Nice dream but right now the Govt view all drivers as climate killers they want all cars melted for scrap pronto. Did you know they even created a new offence to punish folks who like to keep a second car taxed but parked on private land as not insured and who insure them second vehicles on an adhoc basis like for holiday trips in that second car ect and such temp insurance policys are readily avaialable for such purposes. So Unless a vehicle is on the Motor insurance database it is an offence to keep it taxed as well apparently but i told them to get lost recently not paying that daft penalty ever and i doubt they will be able to prosecute unless we have gone full commie. I bet this applies to many who own more than one vehicle but use only one of them daily/routinely. The penalty for driving without insurance is severe its not worth the risk but taxing and sorning adhoc is a nice little money earner for HM Govt as every time they take there % fee, tell me im wrong lol.
You are right in that the "rules" are always changing but I thought a vehicle had to be continously taxed or SORN'd? Costs nothing to sorn but best to start VED at the beggining of a month.
Quote:

btw anybody here ever wondered why Private none commercial vehicles got grouped in with the tax class of light goods vehicles all those years ago? What a scam! For the record i think road tax is good value at present even for our againg vehicles but this will all change when they go pay per mile and abandon this free roaming affair we all know and love. 15 minute cities folks, you wont need a car but they would still like you to pay the tax i bet so stock up on trainers that wont report you to the council should you go for a walk and venture outside your 15 minute zone.
Don't forget face masks (or something along that line) to defeat the AI. Control Room staff will, in the future, be the main law enforcement weapon with a "Judge Dread" being sent round for the collar.
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 3rd February 2024 at 10:24.. Reason: spelling
Old 3rd February 2024, 21:19   #16
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Signed and forwarded.
Old 4th February 2024, 10:26   #17
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Isn't signing such petitions tantamount to providing fodder for the targeting of adverse attention? Not that one is paranoiac, of course..
Old 4th February 2024, 12:01   #18
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I fear that to gain more traction, the petition should have requested 25 years of age (as originally) rather than 20. That would have restored the status quo.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2024, 11:26   #19
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
I fear that to gain more traction, the petition should have requested 25 years of age (as originally) rather than 20. That would have restored the status quo.
My take on it precisely. In fact maybe 30 years as a first bite of the cherry.
Kev
Old 6th February 2024, 15:08   #20
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

If you don’t ask.....................you don’t get. Simples ay it.