Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th September 2022, 13:01   #51
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Fleets are interested in the MG 4 & MG Motors have been invited to showcase the new MG 4 & the face lifted MG 5 in October at the fleet motorbility show at the NEC in October. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/lat...-mobility-live

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2022, 19:38   #52
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
So far I have 3 K Series cars in my possession. ZS 1.8, ZT Turbo 1.8, and the wife's TF 1.8. I've had no gasket issues whilst in my possession and the mileages are, TF, 54,000. ZS 135,000 and. ZT Turbo 164,000. I'm going to pull the engine on the Turbo to change all the bearings and maybe a couple of other bits, then a trip to KMaps to up the power once the engine has proved itself.
All I can say it you're very lucky! My first MGF had an HGF at just over 3 years old and 24,000 miles, my second F had one at just over 60k and my TF 160 had 2 HGF's in 3 years.
I loved the K series however after 4 HGF's I wouldn't have another.
Old 10th September 2022, 05:26   #53
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default K

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
All I can say it you're very lucky! My first MGF had an HGF at just over 3 years old and 24,000 miles, my second F had one at just over 60k and my TF 160 had 2 HGF's in 3 years.
I loved the K series however after 4 HGF's I wouldn't have another.
I must have been very lucky with mine, or maybe got a good batch. They all get thrashed and they all do quite high annual mileages in excess of 10,000 each. None of them use any oil or coolant. I did take the precaution when I got each one of changing the oil, coolant, thermostat and radiator, just in case. But it all seems to have paid off.
All of them do close to 500 miles on a tank of petrol, this drops to about 400 if you drive enthusiastically and with the ZS and TF having 55 and 50L tanks, not too expensive to fill, now petrol is dropping in price a bit.
With new EVs costing what they do, it would take me upwards of ten years to make it worth the outlay on buying one, plus I really don't want to be stopping every hundred and something miles trying to find a charger, I've seen the frustration on people's faces when they get to one and find out there is a queue or that it's broken.
My time isn't cheap and waiting at a charger for thirty minutes or so to get another 170 miles or so, isn't my idea of fun, I don't even think I would get that far with all my tools in the car anyway. I like my K series engines and my deisel, simple and effective, plus they were all cheap, so easy to maintain too.
I actually do get enjoyment tinkering with my cars, semi retired now, it passes the time.
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2022, 10:23   #54
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I've been reading of one guy who owns the MG ZS EV & is thinking of changing it to the MG 4 & was offered almost the same price for his MG ZS EV that he paid for it two years ago if he wanted to trade it in for the MG 4 Such is the shortage of used BEV's.
Only problem would be he would have to wait for the MG 4's to arrive in numbers to the UK later this year, 10000 have just been shipped to the EU/UK.

MG Motors have just released a new video of it.

That link seems to have gone dead!!!!

Last edited by Lancpudn; 15th September 2022 at 11:50..
Old 21st September 2022, 21:19   #55
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default Oh dear, never saw this coming.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-set-soar.html
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:38   #56
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post

Old 23rd September 2022, 05:06   #57
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yet another EV fanatic.
I for one dont drive for economy, I've owned everything from V8's down to small motorbikes. I drive/ride, 1). To get where I'm going, 2). For enjoyment. There are far too many people on the roads, not usually Tesla drivers but they are expensive, that are driving about at 55mph trying to save as much as they can with their range anxiety, I see them almost every day on the M11, holding up truck drivers and consequently adding to pollution due to the truckers having to slow down. No, I would rather spend my pensions enjoying my drives. That's why I have five cars, because I enjoy them all, from our 1.8 TF all the way up through the ZS, ZT's and the 2.5 deisel Sorento which we use to tow our 21ft caravan, you wouldn't believe the amount of fuel that burns going up a hill, but it still pushes the 400 miles per tank with the caravan on the back, I can afford to keep them all full of fuel and still eat well and keep the house heated and smile all the way to my destination. I cant take the money with me, I'm over 60, so I may as well enjoy it whilst I can.
You can stick your overpriced ev's where the sun don't shine, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my driving/riding days.
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:14   #58
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

[QUOTE=Lancpudn;2945801]I've been reading of one guy who owns the MG ZS EV & is thinking of changing it to the MG 4 & was offered almost the same price for his MG ZS EV that he paid for it two years ago if he wanted to trade it in for the MG 4 Such is the shortage of used BEV's.
Only problem would be he would have to wait for the MG 4's to arrive in numbers to the UK later this year, 10000 have just been shipped to the EU/UK.

MG Motors have just released a new video of it.

Not sure why those links keep going dead
I'll try this one.

Old 25th September 2022, 10:26   #59
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The MG4 is an absolute game changer, I can see it being very popular.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2022, 16:10   #60
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
The MG4 is an absolute game changer, I can see it being very popular.

Carwow gives it a good report & says it's the best car he's driven all year, a VW id3 killer