Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th August 2018, 00:19   #1
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Default St Gemma’s family fun day and classic at show

Hello all,

My local hospice puts on a family fun day and classic car show every year to raise money for the hospice. They are called St Gemma’s hospice based in leeds. The show is at the well known Temple Newsam Park. It is on from 10am to 4 pm. There is birds of pray, classic cars, fire engines,bouncy castle, climbing wall,hot food and drink and astalls and games. A lot of the classic car side of things is run by the city of leeds MG and classic car club.

The location is

Temple Newsam Park
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS15 0AE
Old 8th August 2018, 06:17   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Entry for classic cars is via donation to the charity, entry forms available at:
WWW.leedsmgccc.co.uk
I'm already booked in for this in the Sunbeam, see you there (again )

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 8th August 2018 at 06:19..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2018, 17:35   #3
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

I will send an entry form in tomorrow and see if I can get the day off work so I can attend.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 16:59   #4
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

What a great event this turned out to be - a quick thanks to Josh for bringing the event to my attention.
Lots of fantastic cars on show, plenty for family to do & all for a wonderful cause too!!
My only complaint is about the weather - i left home ( approx 20 miles away ) armed with jackets, rain coats, walking boots etc as i was convinced it was going to rain but quite the opposite happened, i had to leave the show mid afternoon as i was starting to burn - it was so hot
I arrived home to it being very overcast & still looking like it might rain - what a difference a few miles makes.
Was good to catch up with Dave & Marina again ( and to meet their family ) - i hope you got plenty of votes for your stunning car - it certainly deserves them, and nice to chat to Josh - i look forward to seeing the picture of our cars that you took.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 17:34   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Nice to meet up again Steve and actually have time for a bit of a chat. pretty certain i have heat/sun stroke. face is red and sore. not expecting the sun today.
I know my car got one vote, Mine . Still there was a high turnout of very nice vehicles including a blown ZT V8. Sad to hear many owners admit they don't use the cars though, only for shows. Me, I can be regularly seen in Tesco and Asda car parks in them, between them the Sunbeam and the 75 are my daily drives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC at Templenewsham.jpg (90.5 KB, 14 views)

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote