Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2012, 17:19   #1
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Default are these any good?

hi all, i had the brake pad sensor light come up on my dash yesterday and have just been looking around for prices.
im pretty certain its the rears that have thrown the warning up, the fronts still have about 7mm on the pads and there are no lips or grooves on the discs, where as the rears look a lot worse!!
i know i can go to euro car parts and get the eicher ones for £60 before the discount (just out of interest, i notice they sell discs individually, but the pads say 1 set per axle, is that two wheels worth, as in 4 pads?)
or ive seen these mintex ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-M...ht_3710wt_1064
ive heard of mintex before but not eicher. which would i be best going for? i know there are probably better alternatives but i havent got much cash and i need to get them done soon as were off to wales on holiday in a few weeks.
many thanks
dan
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 17:27   #2
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Car Parts 4 Less are cheaper so you could get the Pagids for same price as ECP Eichers.
I'm fitting Eichers all round on my 75
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 17:45   #3
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

thanks for that, i take it theres not a readily available discount code for them? the pagids would be better but they still work out at £61 on there, which is £16 more than ecp or the ebay ones.
im probably going to go for the eichers as at least they will have some peace of mind in being genuine parts, the mintex could always be some cheap copies as they are off ebay!
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote