Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st July 2011, 10:26   #141
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Tony Kindly sorted me out!!!

And its working.... sort of ..

Will run for anything from 30 seconds to many minutes .. then it bums out with a Wince message box " Out of memory" ..

Familiar to anyone ??, although it with being a different D-Din its specs are probably diferent ... i.e less ram ???

IGo 8 runs faultlessly.

Chris

Chris

Try using just the standard voice NOT the TTS voices, Primo is more memory intensive than iGO for some reason.

The Mk 1 (WinCe5) Sean DD unit only has 64mb of memory the Mk2 RDS/TMC (WinCe6) ha 124Mb of memory, so everything will run a lot smother.

I don't know what memory your unit has.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 22:15   #142
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Been trying a slightly newer version on Primo v1.2 (9.2.1.179499) , it has the 'old' interface. Is the version we have a custom version?

Been playing with sys.txt. Cant get hi-res to work, it goes WAY to big.

Incidently i cant get my Primo to shut the hell up! It seems that even when shut down i get warning messages about POIs and .. umm, Speed..
Old 1st July 2011, 22:34   #143
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
Been trying a slightly newer version on Primo v1.2 (9.2.1.179499) , it has the 'old' interface. Is the version we have a custom version?

Been playing with sys.txt. Cant get hi-res to work, it goes WAY to big.

Incidently i cant get my Primo to shut the hell up! It seems that even when shut down i get warning messages about POIs and .. umm, Speed..
The version most of us are using has a skin, maybe your version lacks the skin?

To shut it down fully, it seems you need to press the virtual off button on the touch screen. A brief press of the actual power button just switches the display screen from Satnav to ICE, but you still hear the satnav's sounds and announcements.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 22:37   #144
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Yes i thought i had! Ive turned everything off all sounds, all warning settings but its still doing it.

I think i prefer the 'older' skin, its more attractive. Im looking for other skins and maybe other programs.
Old 2nd July 2011, 06:23   #145
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

I'm using Tony's Sugarsync version & when I first inserted the card it displayed the new Start-up skin which I like but each time I've used it since the 'old' start-up screen has loaded, how do I get it back to the 'new' start-up please?

I don't have anything else on the card but the Sugarsync files. What's the name of the 'new' skin?
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 11:44   #146
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Nobody got any ideas on this?
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 15:26   #147
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Dont know but i have killed the warning messages now, i edited the sys.txt file and set speed warnings to 0. This did the trick!
Old 1st October 2011, 16:31   #148
chazstace

SD1

Default Manual TMC

Hi Guys,

Has anyone managed to get "Manual" tuning for the TMC, as TMC is sent over classic FM here in the UK.

It would seem that Primo currently scans a bit to quickly and skips the all important station, if we could lock it to 100.9 I think we would get better traffic reception.

I did find this on another forum but have been anable to get it to work.

Well - there is no TRICK - I just need to pick out the relevant changes, since I tried several.
As I only did it for 480x272, I'll post the essential mods for some other active DATA modder to include them:

First thing - status display: edit ui_igo9\480_272\ui\tmc_480_272.ui and comment out the first line to add the 2 other lines (please change the position for other resolutions)
CODE: SELECT ALL
; <TEXT xxx class="txt_12bd" x=257 y=150 w=195 textmodel_wstr="tmc.current_station_frequency">
<TEXT xxx class="txt_12bd" x=257 y=145 w=195 textmodel_wstr="tmc.current_station_name">
<TEXT xxx class="txt_12bd" x=257 y=160 w=195 textmodel_wstr="tmc.state">

Second - manual tuning...
Unfortunately I was not able to place multiple commands in the MORE menu without creating a separate script. But for usability it is useful to close the menu after tapping one command - although the manual stepping is very hard this way, but I did not want to change too much UI - it would be better to put some buttons on the screen.
Here we go - edit some (decrypted) LUA file, i.e. ui_igo9\common\ui\tmc.lua and add those scripts:
sc_RaffkeTest_Up = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_step_up()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_Down = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_step_down()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_SearchUp = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_search_up()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_SearchDown = function()
MODEL.tmc.tuner_search_down()
sc_close_local_menu()
end

sc_RaffkeTest_Auto = function()
if MODEL.tmc.auto_tuning() == true then
MODEL.tmc.auto_tuning = false
else
MODEL.tmc.auto_tuning = true
end
sc_close_local_menu()
end

Afterwards edit ui_igo9\common\ui\variable_def.ui to add the additional rows in TrafficSummaryLocalMenu:
<userlist TrafficSummaryLocalMenu text="str" icon="str" onrelease="str" enabled="bool">
<row text="Tune Up" icon="ico_tmcdetails_up_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Up" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Tune Down" icon="ico_tmcdetails_down_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Down" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Search Up" icon="ico_tmcdetails_up_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_SearchUp" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Search Down" icon="ico_tmcdetails_down_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_SearchDown" enabled=(1)>
<row text="Toogle Auto-Tuner ON" icon="ico_TmcReceiver_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Auto" enabled=(!%tmc.auto_tuning)>
<row text="Toogle Auto-Tuner OFF" icon="ico_TmcReceiver_sml.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_RaffkeTest_Auto" enabled=(%tmc.auto_tuning)>
<row text="Traffic Settings" icon="ico_Settings_mid.bmp#3" onrelease="sc_LocalMenuOpenTrafficSettings" enabled=(1)>
</userlist>
chazstace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 16:56   #149
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

My guess is, that as it scans through the frequencies those it finds it adds to its list of frequencies carrying TMC and therefore doesn't scan them again until you next turn it on. It's not much good giving it a single frequency for Classic FM, because the frequency depends upon where you happen to be in the country.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:44   #150
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Will anyone be doing an update of Primo anytime soon?

I think my copy is around 4/5 months old now and im thinking a new fresh copy might get rid of that "unable to save settings" bug which this has been constant with.

Igo8 did it very occasionally also.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote