Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2006, 19:18   #1
driverjgp
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club 2.5 V6 Auto

Default Lates

Evening all,

Well I have spent the day up with Lates near Coventry with my beloved R75 for the 90k/6 year service and wow I was very impressed with the work I had done, they made pulling my engine apart look like child's play and I also got to the bottom of my coolant loss, it turned out to be the stat, so along with the cam belt change I had the waterpump done as well (makes sense as they have already open the heart of my baby and saves any further problems I may have in the future) I was also very impress at the speed of the work (although Lates was just holding the tools for Pete and had the cleanest overalls on:-) joking ), they started the service at 9am and I was away by about 14:30 at to think my local Xpart dealer wanted the car for two days and £1400 for the same job I had it done in a matter of hours and half the cost so what a result.

Anyone who is thinking of taking there car there I say do it, its well worth the drive, you can be sure of a good job and value for money without being sold extras you don't need (unlike the dealers) there was good humor at all times and made the day very enjoyable so a big THANK YOU to all three of you guys you will be seeing me again next year.

Jason Player
Woodbridge,
Suffolk

Money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes misery easier to live with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 Club Auto K-Series 2.5 Litre Quad Cam 24 Valve in Steel Blue December 2000 Cowley build.
driverjgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 19:52   #2
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverjgp View Post
Evening all,

Well I have spent the day up with Lates near Coventry with my beloved R75 for the 90k/6 year service and wow I was very impressed with the work I had done, they made pulling my engine apart look like child's play and I also got to the bottom of my coolant loss, it turned out to be the stat, so along with the cam belt change I had the waterpump done as well (makes sense as they have already open the heart of my baby and saves any further problems I may have in the future) I was also very impress at the speed of the work (although Lates was just holding the tools for Pete and had the cleanest overalls on:-) joking ), they started the service at 9am and I was away by about 14:30 at to think my local Xpart dealer wanted the car for two days and £1400 for the same job I had it done in a matter of hours and half the cost so what a result.

Anyone who is thinking of taking there car there I say do it, its well worth the drive, you can be sure of a good job and value for money without being sold extras you don't need (unlike the dealers) there was good humor at all times and made the day very enjoyable so a big THANK YOU to all three of you guys you will be seeing me again next year.
Glad they did a good job on you first love, booking mine in in the new year.
Old 17th December 2006, 19:54   #3
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Hey there driverjgp.

This is indeed great news. It's so nice to hear good reports and good to know there is someone out there who can be trusted to take proper care of our motors....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 20:27   #4
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Good evening all
Good days work Driver was had by all,Many thanks for your kind words mate.Consider yourself part of the elite club of owners who have their pride and joy looked after by us.

The team has guest appearances now in the form of Tom Tom the apprentice who is a good lad but I need to be careful he doesnt take my job of passing the tools otherwise my overalls may never get mucky !! :lol:
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 20:33   #5
driverjgp
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
Good evening all
Good days work Driver was had by all,Many thanks for your kind words mate.Consider yourself part of the elite club of owners who have their pride and joy looked after by us.

The team has guest appearances now in the form of Tom Tom the apprentice who is a good lad but I need to be careful he doesnt take my job of passing the tools otherwise my overalls may never get mucky !! :lol:
LOL

Jason Player
Woodbridge,
Suffolk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 Club Auto K-Series 2.5 Litre Quad Cam 24 Valve in Steel Blue December 2000 Cowley build.
Old 17th December 2006, 20:35   #6
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Overalls?

Have you started wearing overalls now then lates?

Mike
Old 17th December 2006, 21:51   #7
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Gets bit chilly Mike doing nowt
Old 17th December 2006, 21:54   #8
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
Gets bit chilly Mike doing nowt
Oi guess what I have got
When are you coming round to get yours?
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 21:55   #9
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Evening Mr K, will collect as soon as it does the same as yours
Old 18th December 2006, 13:01   #10
driverjgp
Gets stuck in

What also surprised me was when Pete check for fault codes during the service there was nothing at all, there are normally something kicking about on the ECU but not on this occasion and the ECU has not been cleared for a long long time.

Jason Player
Woodbridge,
Suffolk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]