Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th January 2019, 19:04   #11
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Problem reappeared, clutch was engaging sporadically right when I was lifting the foot off the pedal, took a look by myself down there as I'm home now and my garage is free, and it seems that the master cylinder is leaking somewhere, the foam cover above the pedal was a little "wet". So decided to buy a new TAZU master, is there a good how to here on how to replace the master with detalied steps? I don't think it would be a hard job, the thing that scares me haha is bleeding the system after replacing the master, as I've noticed, the old fluid inside the system has sort of a grey color and it is really viscous and gummy, so I think I might need to get that all out and put new dot4 inside the system, but the thing is I have no idea about the process of bleeding the system, I know where the bleeding valve sits and that's it Any sort of help, guidance or explanation would be really appreciated, thank you!
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 12:46   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

It would take a bit of time to explain. I'm certain you will find ALL the information on how to do that job in the--How-To-- section on the main page.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 20:27   #13
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
Problem reappeared, clutch was engaging sporadically right when I was lifting the foot off the pedal, took a look by myself down there as I'm home now and my garage is free, and it seems that the master cylinder is leaking somewhere, the foam cover above the pedal was a little "wet". So decided to buy a new TAZU master, is there a good how to here on how to replace the master with detalied steps? I don't think it would be a hard job, the thing that scares me haha is bleeding the system after replacing the master, as I've noticed, the old fluid inside the system has sort of a grey color and it is really viscous and gummy, so I think I might need to get that all out and put new dot4 inside the system, but the thing is I have no idea about the process of bleeding the system, I know where the bleeding valve sits and that's it Any sort of help, guidance or explanation would be really appreciated, thank you!
My advice would be to treat yourself to a new LHD master cylinder rather than the Tazu one.

Mat at DMGRS had/has these at a very reasonable price, and to be perfectly frank, the Tazu master cylinder pipework design is not fit for purpose.

One of THESE will make short work of flushing the gunk out of the old master and slave

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 12:20   #14
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well I already have a LHD drive (I live in Germany) so I bought indeed a LHD piece, I am thinking about letting the mechanic do the job, anuone can tell me the approx. price for a job like this in England? And also what is the about price per hour in England in a service?
Old 21st January 2019, 05:32   #15
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Also, for the easibleed kit, when pumping the liquid out, does the clutch pedal have to be pressed for it to come out through the bleed valve?
Old 21st January 2019, 07:11   #16
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Also, for the easibleed kit, when pumping the liquid out, does the clutch pedal have to be pressed for it to come out through the bleed valve?
No it doesn't need to be pressed

Quote:
Well I already have a LHD drive (I live in Germany) so I bought indeed a LHD piece, I am thinking about letting the mechanic do the job, anuone can tell me the approx. price for a job like this in England? And also what is the about price per hour in England in a service?
Which is why I suggested buying an original LHD master cylinder from DMGRS

I realise you have bought a Tazu master cylinder, however having owned a car with one of these fitted, it was only a short matter of time before I fitted the correct part.

The Tazu unit is awful in terms of

1 Transmitting vibration and noise into the cabin via the pipework

2 With the pressure differential from the original AP slave cylinder, the clutch operation is considerably heavier than standard.

This is a job in reality that will take about 1.5 hours to complete, this however can be stymied with seized fasteners in the battery box.

Brian
Old 21st January 2019, 07:23   #17
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Thank you for the info sir! I thought it would be wise buying the Tazu unit since it's built from alluminium as far as I've noticed and it seemed more reliable to me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24th January 2019, 07:22   #18
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Eazibleed kit arrived. So the right way to do it would be connecting the valve to one of the wheels to use the pressure from inside it? Problem is I have about 2.3 bars inside my wheels and the max allowed for the Eazibleed kit is 1.4 bars as it says on the bottle.
Old 24th January 2019, 07:49   #19
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Eazibleed kit arrived. So the right way to do it would be connecting the valve to one of the wheels to use the pressure from inside it? Problem is I have about 2.3 bars inside my wheels and the max allowed for the Eazibleed kit is 1.4 bars as it says on the bottle.
You deflate your tyre to 20 PSI 1.37 Bar

Brian
Old 24th January 2019, 07:56   #20
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hmm never would've thought of that (joking of course) well I thought it would be also other options available which wouldn't deflate the tyre that much in the bleeding process hence my question.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk