Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th January 2019, 08:04   #1
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

Default rearended

I've been rear-ended by another car, completely not my fault. The other party said they will pay for damage. If I go thru insurance will it effect my premium
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 08:12   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontug View Post
I've been rear-ended by another car, completely not my fault. The other party said they will pay for damage. If I go thru insurance will it effect my premium
It should not affect your premium,,,BUT no doubt it will if you go thru your Insurance...If the other person is willing to pay with out going thru The Insurance that would be the way to go..Also even for minor damage these cars are being written off.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 08:20   #3
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
It should not affect your premium,,,BUT no doubt it will if you go thru your Insurance...If the other person is willing to pay with out going thru The Insurance that would be the way to go..Also even for minor damage these cars are being written off.
Should have said a none rover car
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 08:25   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Get quotes for the damage asp, and get the money off the other Party straightaway. You should also notify your insurance company, but tell them you are not claiming off the policy. I had this happen to me and when presented with the bill for the damage, the other driver refused to pay, saying he was going to get in touch with the police and say I was trying to blackmail him. I paid for the damage, and it cost him more another way.
Old 24th January 2019, 08:53   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

As above, your own insurance needs to be notified of the incident regardless of who is paying.

Unfortunately, it will result in an increase of premium, even though the NCD will not be affected.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 09:21   #6
Gazmo65
Loves to post

Volvo S80

My son's car was hit in his works car park by another employee, it was a rear end job , she did a runner and returned an hour later with her husband and admitted to the accident , they said that they would pay for it so he got a couple of quotes, ( his car is a 2014 Astra GTC ) which ranged from £2000 to £3000 we were absolutely astonished at this considering it was a fairly low speed impact, needless to say it went through an insurance management company at the local Vauxhall dealers, which is just as well as she wasn't insured for the vehicle until 3 days after the accident and cctv footage shows her on her phone at the time not watching where she was going and they tried to pull a fast one by giving the wrong registration to my son, they are now being persued by the management company, we shall see what happens.
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 10:45   #7
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazmo65 View Post
My son's car was hit in his works car park by another employee, it was a rear end job , she did a runner and returned an hour later with her husband and admitted to the accident , they said that they would pay for it so he got a couple of quotes, ( his car is a 2014 Astra GTC ) which ranged from £2000 to £3000 we were absolutely astonished at this considering it was a fairly low speed impact, needless to say it went through an insurance management company at the local Vauxhall dealers, which is just as well as she wasn't insured for the vehicle until 3 days after the accident and cctv footage shows her on her phone at the time not watching where she was going and they tried to pull a fast one by giving the wrong registration to my son, they are now being persued by the management company, we shall see what happens.
I had this - I knew who hit my cdti and put a dent in the front passenger door but refused to admit to it. No cctv and no witness.

Thankfully whilst the repair cost was circa £400, via the club I was able to source a trophy blue second hand door for £40.

So - DO CHECK OUT WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE!!

I contacted my insurance company and told them what I had done and it made no difference to my premium.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2019, 10:41   #8
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

DO NOT TELL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

You are under no obligation to tell them, if you come to an agreement with the other party. Here's what will definitely happen if you tell the insurance company:

1. If you claim through either yours or the other party's insurer, they will write your car off. Almost certainly
2. Even if you tell them that you don't want to claim, they will register the incident as a "notification only" which will sit on the CUE database for 5 years.
3. You'll have to declare that you had an accident when renewing your insurance or buying another policy. Regardless of fault, this WILL increase your premium on every policy you buy or renew for the next 5 years.

The insurance industry is a complete joke. Guaranteed or protected no claims aren't worth the paper they're written on. If you don't need to tell them, don't tell them.
Old 25th January 2019, 12:25   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross R75 View Post
DO NOT TELL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

You are under no obligation to tell them, if you come to an agreement with the other party. Here's what will definitely happen if you tell the insurance company:

1. If you claim through either yours or the other party's insurer, they will write your car off. Almost certainly

2. Even if you tell them that you don't want to claim, they will register the incident as a "notification only" which will sit on the CUE database for 5 years.

3. You'll have to declare that you had an accident when renewing your insurance or buying another policy. Regardless of fault, this WILL increase your premium on every policy you buy or renew for the next 5 years.

The insurance industry is a complete joke. Guaranteed or protected no claims aren't worth the paper they're written on. If you don't need to tell them, don't tell them.
Check your policy. Mine states you MUST inform them. I have read about scare stories where people have not informed of an accident, and a later claim denied and policy cancelled due to a police report surfacing of a previous collision. How true this is, I do not know. But I imagine if it were to come to light of non disclosure, you would be deemed in breach of the terms you accepted, and insurance companies being what they are, will cancel the policy, refunding at least your remaining premium. IE they try to get out of paying.

Declaring my non fault collision increased my policy by 20 quid the following year of it.

sent from here

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote