Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd January 2019, 20:35   #11
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Yeah, few bonnets on Ebay are either collection only or P&P doubles the cost. Try posting in the wanted section here or contact the traders by PM.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:54   #12
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

My empathies, Tom.

My facelift 75 was mullered just before Christmas by an airborne deer.

With some assistance from the team on this forum, I managed to source a wing, bumper and headlight from the Bay of Flea. Although the new panels were in Starlight Silver, the finishes were poor. My bodyshop friend put it all back together for me and squirted some fresh new paint on the front end.

It set me back £900, likely more than half the car's value so most probably it would have been written off had I'd gone to my insurer.

It now looks stunning as my friend repainted the rear bumper too and fitted front and rear parking sensors.

Good luck!
Old 22nd January 2019, 23:45   #13
Animal
Gets stuck in

Mg ZT

I've got a complete front bumper for a mk 2 rover in black think I've also got front crash bar as well

Build date: Tuesday, 18th June 2002 @ 08:53:49
This vehicle was the 4th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Mean Machine!
Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations
KAPLAH
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 06:45   #14
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I suspect you will spend more on painting the bits to match than you will on the bits you need. Even if they are the same colour they are unlikely to match exactly.

Good luck with the rebuild.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:13   #15
Gareth.Richards
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom131 View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm a little shaken up tonight and could really use some help & advice.

On the way from home from work this evening some clown in a battered old BMW slammed on his brakes without reason or warning and despite my best efforts I couldn't brake hard enough to avoid rear-ending him. I'm 99% certain its an insurance scam as he'd clearly been hit in the back before (silly me for not noticing as I was following).

Anyhow, its made a mess of my stunning 75 tourer and I am at a quandary what to do next. I know the insurance will take one look at it and write her off, but I've lavished so much time and effort on keeping her pristine that I'm loathed to let it go. I am however pretty good with my hands (an aerospace engineer by trade), and I reckon I could probably make a decent job of repairing it for less than the cost of my excess.

The damage, so far as I could ascertain in the failing light, appears to be confined to: the grill (smashed to pieces), the bumper (multiple splits), the bonnet (a small but noticeable crease around 1ft from the front edge), the slam panel (not exactly mangled, but it's bad enough to have jammed the bonnet release), both headlights (all the clips look like they've snapped but the lenses are still in situ) and although not currently visible, I reckon the crash bar must have sustained some damage too.

However, the damage has not extended as far rear as the radiator or fan and the wings appear to be un-affected, so I'm hopeful that this is the full extent of the damage. The trouble is, with the bonnet currently jammed closed and the snow limiting my enthusiasm, I cannot tell if any of the forces might have been transferred back through the structure. Just to add to the complications, I am due to move house imminently, and whilst she's not at all pretty, she could actually make the journey as she stands now, but definitely will not once I start pulling bits off her.

So, my questions to you wise folks are as follows: In your experience, when a 75 sustains a front end shunt (fast walking pace), is it likely that the crash bar will have absorbed sufficient energy to protect the structure behind? How likely is it that the front chassis legs will have buckled? Also, does anyone have any of the afore mentioned parts for sale? Most of the bits I can see available on ebay, but a good copperleaf bonnet and pre-facelift bumper might be trickier.

I'd be hugely grateful of any assistance at this miserable time.

Tom
Tom
I have a Mk1 front bumper in CDX if you still need it
Gareth
Gareth.Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:23   #16
Tom131

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth.Richards View Post
Tom
I have a Mk1 front bumper in CDX if you still need it
Gareth
PM sent.

Thanks Gareth
Tom131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:34   #17
Tom131

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
I've got a complete front bumper for a mk 2 rover in black think I've also got front crash bar as well
Thanks for the kind offer Animal. I’ve got a crash bar & slam panel combo on order now and I have a couple of leads on CDX coloured bumpers too, but I’m very grateful of the offer.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:29   #18
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Could you not bash the original bonnet back into something useable for now until a good one comes up within range?
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 20:36   #19
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

There are breakers that operate via Facebook, and various 75/ZT groups where you can find spares and post your wants.
Old 24th January 2019, 17:24   #20
Tom131

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
There are breakers that operate via Facebook, and various 75/ZT groups where you can find spares and post your wants.
Thanks LeRich,

I don't suppose you could recommend any specific ones could you?