Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd January 2019, 10:39   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Default More insurance rip officials

Applied on line to Rias insurance this morning for the usual swindle. One years car insurance. £628.00 WHAT? Had one from Direct line yesterday, £356.00. What the *#¥€§ is going on? Can not honestly remember when I had an accident, other than the one where I was hit in the side by a van towing a car,in the early morning in 2002 Classed as not my fault by insurance company. Where do they get these prices from. Still got to get my own insurance to quote me for another 12 months robbery without the violence..

Last edited by bl52krz; 23rd January 2019 at 10:41.. Reason: More info added
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:40   #2
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Applied on line to Rias insurance this morning for the usual swindle. One years car insurance. £628.00 WHAT? Had one from Direct line yesterday, £356.00. What the *#¥€§ is going on? Can not honestly remember when I had an accident, other than the one where I was hit in the side by a van towing a car,in the early morning in 2002 Classed as not my fault by insurance company. Where do they get these prices from.
the whole insurance industry is a farce and rip off. Needs a top level inquiry to get it sorted.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:49   #3
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Fully Comp 9yrs ncd (max they quote on) £197 Tesco bank.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:19   #4
Raspberrycai
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Merc 190E 1.8, '91 Yamaha SR125

Quote:
Applied on line to Rias insurance this morning for the usual swindle. One years car insurance. £628.00 WHAT? Had one from Direct line yesterday, £356.00. What the *#¥€§ is going on? Can not honestly remember when I had an accident, other than the one where I was hit in the side by a van towing a car,in the early morning in 2002 Classed as not my fault by insurance company. Where do they get these prices from. Still got to get my own insurance to quote me for another 12 months robbery without the violence..
Count yourself lucky compared to me... Just got a few quotes from confused.com about insurance renewals,and the price for insurance next year if I stay with my current insurer is £2100! The cheapest quote is £1600, and that's still with a black box, and with only 5000 miles, which is just about enough if I only take necessary journeys, as I do a lot of trips from Manchester to Chester.

Speaking of black boxes, they're just a way of making money. Totally inaccurate. They're not about "safety", as they claim, they're just a money making scheme. Without a word of a lie, my first black box was constantly saying that I was speeding, and after numerous complaints they refused to fix it. It was only when my black box claimed that I was drove via the gulf of Guinea in AFRICA that they accepted there was a problem with my box! Here is proof - The little green dots represent my journey, as you can see, I apparently made a 3000 mile detour!

Not a single word of apology from the insurance company either - and the poor scores I was given due to a defective box have affected how much money I am given back per quarter year. If you drive well you are supposed to receive some money on your card as a reward and a discount on renewal - I haven't received a penny, and it's certainly not due to the way I drive!

1991 Mercedes 190E 1.8 (Nico) / 1991 Yamaha SR125 (David)
This vehicle (Nigel) was born Wednesday, 15th September 2004 @ 08:14:39 and was the 103,810th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381 - This vehicle was the 3,096th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744 - This vehicle was the 303rd 75 in Platinum Gold (code: MCN) to be made out of 1,685 Platinum Gold 75s
Raspberrycai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:27   #5
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

As has been said many times before, postcode has a lot to do with costs. We live in the sticks in NE Scotland and are lucky that our insurance is rarely over £250.
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:43   #6
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Its the BIRMINGHAM postcode, this now seems to be more important than any driving record !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 13:42   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Since moving from Essex, or as the insurance companies called it “East London”, my insurance on my V8 dropped £15 and on my CDTi £75. Plus I also got rebates from last year on all 3. All 3 are insured with Lancaster, as I could get a reasonable quote on the V8.

The original quote I got on the V8 three years ago was £9867, that was with my Essex/East London post code. Allen entered the same details but with his Saltash post code and that figure dropped to £3500. Take off the Supercharger and it dropped to £679.

I got it down to £475 for the first year, with the Supercharger.

One company were unable to give me a quote on the V8 as they had no idea what a Supercharger was.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:20   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Since moving from Essex, or as the insurance companies called it “East London”, my insurance on my V8 dropped £15 and on my CDTi £75. Plus I also got rebates from last year on all 3. All 3 are insured with Lancaster, as I could get a reasonable quote on the V8.

The original quote I got on the V8 three years ago was £9867, that was with my Essex/East London post code. Allen entered the same details but with his Saltash post code and that figure dropped to £3500. Take off the Supercharger and it dropped to £679.

I got it down to £475 for the first year, with the Supercharger.

One company were unable to give me a quote on the V8 as they had no idea what a Supercharger was.
lol! Didn't know what a supercharger was. Well it isn't a case full of £2.8k in cash under the bonnet What a price hike for a supercharger.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:21   #9
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Is your quotation to start your insurance from today/tomorrow?

Sometimes it makes a huge difference if you get a quote weeks in advance, I have found price's tend to be cheaper. Insurance companies look at you as organised, less risk to have an accident.

If you leave it until the last minute, insurance companies rely on the fact that you need insurance quite soon, so the premium tends to be higher (you also appear to the insurer as rushed, less organised).

I now always go looking for quotes at least 30 days beforehand, I always see the price increase as my expiry date gets closer.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:42   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:

Just count yourself fortunate that you are in Birmingham and not Bradford.

As per my recent thread, my insurance on the CDT this year is £101 and the Omega £97.

I am thinking of renting out rooms if anyone is interested in getting their insurance down to the lowest possible level.
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote