Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th December 2018, 14:12   #71
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

MOT booked for 3pm tomorrow

I've a few wee bits to get done so the Car will be ready - passenger seat airbag connections, slight power steering leak to fix (pretty sure it just needs a jubilee clip on the lower hose at the reservoir bottle) and top fluid up, a bit of a clear out/wash - and New(to me) wheels/tyres to fit

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 14:45   #72
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Great job, Paul. 99% of folks would have walked away many months ago!

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 15:49   #73
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
Great job, Paul. 99% of folks would have walked away many months ago!

Cheers,
Glenn

cheers Glen

Once i had decided to continue with the Car I seen it as an Opportunity - I'd always have put off the Idea of this much work being tackled at the end of the street - Given my circumstance and the way this wee journey has evolved/unfolded I had nothing to lose and All to Gain

it's testament to this Club/Forum and all the help/encouragement/advice etc.. and to these Cars they make you want to put in the effort - I fitted a New battery and when connected up the Alarm started beeping (i've never heard it before) it wasn't really "Alarming" sounding, more like the sound of an Excited Car Keen to get going

see what tomorrow brings.....

Paul.
Old 29th December 2018, 02:11   #74
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Howdo folks

I had a few wee things to sort out this morning (friday) for MOT wiper blades, airbag connections, wheels/tyres... I managed to get all i needed done - and the New wheels while Not perfect look Great on the Car - same style 5 spokes (my favourite for my Car )

She sailed through the MOT - advisories for Brake line surface corrosion and or Grease..

the Car got a lot of compliments from the Guys in the workshop - and the Manager said if I'm looking for work he'd give me a job even if not a serious offer I'll take it as a compliment

Mot passed I took her for a long awaited wash - then a wee run 150 miles or so via Kelso to Musselburgh for Fish and Chips then Home - Car was running Great

cheers Folks hope everyone is well and doing Good

some pics today

Paul.
Old 29th December 2018, 06:36   #75
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
Howdo folks

I had a few wee things to sort out this morning (friday) for MOT wiper blades, airbag connections, wheels/tyres... I managed to get all i needed done - and the New wheels while Not perfect look Great on the Car - same style 5 spokes (my favourite for my Car )

She sailed through the MOT - advisories for Brake line surface corrosion and or Grease..

the Car got a lot of compliments from the Guys in the workshop - and the Manager said if I'm looking for work he'd give me a job even if not a serious offer I'll take it as a compliment

Mot passed I took her for a long awaited wash - then a wee run 150 miles or so via Kelso to Musselburgh for Fish and Chips then Home - Car was running Great

cheers Folks hope everyone is well and doing Good

some pics today

Paul.
What a brilliant and inspiring thread!!

A great read.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 11:52   #76
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Great work.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 11:59   #77
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
the Car got a lot of compliments from the Guys in the workshop - and the Manager said if I'm looking for work he'd give me a job even if not a serious offer I'll take it as a compliment ..........

Paul.
Brilliant, do you remember this?
Quote:
I think that will be the End
Excellent, well done.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 00:53   #78
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Brilliant, do you remember this?

Excellent, well done.

at this point my initial posts seem a bit dramatic

without this thread and the feedback from folks here i really doubt i'd be back on the road - the help/advice/encouragement and Inspiration I receive here is priceless

I went for a wee drive again today - the Car has done around 300 miles since repairs - She drives Great. better than ever, smooth, quiet and pulls like a train with that nice linear power delivery - Boost is Good, no power spikes or boost control issues (the Vac hose from the ECBS to the Wastegate was blocked when I checked before refitting) - I'm only just getting a chance to test the New front Suspension I fitted earlier in the year too (the full saga relating to this thread dates back to March) the Suspension feels Great and along with the Engine it's like a New Car......almost

I forgot just how Comfortable the 75 can be - Not just the seats, it's the whole Interior - it is a Nice car to drive and be in - so relaxing, even when I'm still a wee bit anxious and "test driving" after my repairs.

I still have a few other wee bits to get done - I have a new Handbrake Backplate assembly for the passenger side to go on (drivers side was done just prior to this issue arising) and New rear Discs - I also picked up New rear pads(Eicher Rear pads/discs) and Brembo front Discs/Pads today

Paul.
Old 30th December 2018, 09:45   #79
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Excellent outcome, well done for percivering

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2018, 10:17   #80
Duke96
Regular poster

Mg zt

Unhappy Mr

Hi can anybody help yesterday my mg zt cdti just started to get harder to change gear only if i switch off the engine it will go into gear with no resistance i think this is the end of the road for the old girl.
Duke96 is offline   Reply With Quote