Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th December 2021, 06:49   #162821
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's wet wet wet again here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 07:14   #162822
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Just sit in a rocking chair on the front porch with a shotgun in your lap Andy ��

Apart from the fact we haven't got a front porch, I don't own a rocking chair nor do I own a shotgun, sounds brilliant .

I'm seriously thinking about getting an air rifle as this is getting daft. The damage the squirrels do to the feeders is ridiculous, and I'm not a fan of spending my hard-earned on feeding bushy tailed rats.

Clear skies here, quite still but cold. Off out for swim time soon - not me I hasten to add.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 07:27   #162823
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Counting down the minutes till the wee ones go to school and nursery so I can actually concentrate on doing any work today
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 10:28   #162824
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Back from the swim.

Quizzie now curled up fast asleep on her chair.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 10:42   #162825
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Shopping done for another week, 96 year old mum has given me her Christmas cards to deliver (some to USA - Happy New Year instead!), cold, wet and miserable, so time for lunch and a hot chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 10th December 2021, 11:08   #162826
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

'orrible wet weather here, continuous heavy showers rolling through, I picked our daughter up from the garage this morning as her Ford Kuga went in as the heater motor had gone belly up, The garage told her 700 quid + VAT for the job only Ford OEM parts available, She said don't bother. Gotta take her back to pick it up now.

Old 10th December 2021, 11:45   #162827
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
'orrible wet weather here, continuous heavy showers rolling through, I picked our daughter up from the garage this morning as her Ford Kuga went in as the heater motor had gone belly up, The garage told her 700 quid + VAT for the job only Ford OEM parts available, She said don't bother. Gotta take her back to pick it up now.
That’s so typical that price. When I had a Mazda 2, one day it wouldn’t start and was towed to a Ford dealership in N London. Diagnostics was £250, a loose earth was the culprit. Not long after that I traded it in for part exchange for a Rover 75.

£700 is a lot to pay. What about a second hand OEM from eBay? Recently I bought a second hand heater matrix unit in excellent condition - a small radiator for the 4x4 in Nairobi £40 and Jessica took it back with. Labour will be about £20 to do the installation. Ian, hopefully your daughter knows someone who has the abilities to sort out her heater motor
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 12:02   #162828
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Don't think Quizzie will go with a cat .

There are a few cats that live nearby. One is a particularly efficient remover of vermin, but she doesn't go anywhere near the squirrels. .

Thanks for the idea though.

Hope all goes well on your return journey, and you don't need any expensive extras on the way.
Cheers Andy and thank you for your good wishes. In Nairobi we have another problem with monkeys and baboons raiding the garden for fruit or hoping to get inside the house. They are only looking for food or dogs/cats/poultry to eat. We use a catapult to scare them away as baboons are dangerous and have been known to kill humans with their dagger like teeth and are known to carry Rabies. Amazon sells catapults but they all carry a warning “not to be used on animals, people or for breaking windows”…

This morning I booked a taxi for the airport and a night at a hotel Dublin airport.

I found a link to getting the NHS COVID pass to recognise the vaccinations I had abroad, but the nearest centres for verification and a booster are in London, Peterborough and Ipswich. Why it can’t be done in Bristol I don’t know. Or I can wait to have the booster in Nairobi, boosters available across Kenya in January.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 10th December 2021 at 12:07..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 12:06   #162829
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Well my wife just called to say we are going to a charity auction next week.
My son and Daughter attended a play session at a charity that deals with Autism a few weeks ago and my daughter painted a picture of a Christmas Tree (She's 4 years old), well you know kids they just slap paint on and on and I just left it at the play centre to dry off and pick it up another time

Well the play centre called yesterday, trying to reunite the picture, we said it was ours and we were just told today it's going into a charity auction to raise funds for the charity.

It's a posh affair, so shirt and tie job, taxi there and back paid for.

And here was me thinking the pictures may have been binned.... Looks like I have a budding Picasso in the making....
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 12:15   #162830
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
That’s so typical that price. When I had a Mazda 2, one day it wouldn’t start and was towed to a Ford dealership in N London. Diagnostics was £250, a loose earth was the culprit. Not long after that I traded it in for part exchange for a Rover 75.

£700 is a lot to pay. What about a second hand OEM from eBay? Recently I bought a second hand heater matrix unit in excellent condition - a small radiator for the 4x4 in Nairobi £40 and Jessica took it back with. Labour will be about £20 to do the installation. Ian, hopefully your daughter knows someone who has the abilities to sort out her heater motor

Afternoon Phil, Just back from dropping her off, It's a well known problem with them apparently & there are no third party parts for it. Most of the dashboard has to come out to get to it as it's buried deep in there , I should imagine that's a big chunk of the price.

Hey good news your Aneurysm hasn't got any worse. Blimey! It must be a nightmare travelling overseas with all these restrictions in place, hope all works out for you.

The HDD on that "bargain" PC I got off ebay is suspect & throwing up lots of Stop Codes, It's a machine that was upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The Windows OS is getting the boot anyway so for the price of a £12 SSD that's big enough for my requirements isn't worth messing around with it, Just ordered one off our good friends at Aliexpress