Notices

Old 23rd December 2021, 08:30   #162981
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

Excuse the rant......

Father in Law is very poorly having had surgery for stomach & oesophageal cancer and been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He's 81 and weights less than 5 stones.

Had a call last night from Mother in Law - he's collapsed while she was helping him up the stairs to bed and she can't lift him - no surprise there as she's 81 and frail herself. Essentially he's gone downhill and lost the use of his legs in the last couple of days.

Tried to get a home visit from a GP this morning. Apart from the usual wait to actually get through, he can't have one because....... He's not registered on their system as housebound . Oh, and, of course, there's the Covid issue as well. Someone will phone him this morning..... Time will tell.

This is a guy who worked and paid his dues for nigh on 50 years.

Sometimes I despair.

Rant over.

Look after yourselves and your loved ones.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 23rd December 2021 at 08:34..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:49   #162982
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Morning all.

Excuse the rant......

Father in Law is very poorly having had surgery for stomach & oesophageal cancer and been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He's 81 and weights less than 5 stones.

Had a call last night from Mother in Law - he's collapsed while she was helping him up the stairs to bed and she can't lift him - no surprise there as she's 81 and frail herself. Essentially he's gone downhill and lost the use of his legs in the last couple of days.

Tried to get a home visit from a GP this morning. Apart from the usual wait to actually get through, he can't have one because....... He's not registered on their system as housebound . Oh, and, of course, there's the Covid issue as well. Someone will phone him this morning..... Time will tell.

Sometimes I despair.

Rant over.

Sorry to hear this.

I had to wait 17 days to get a telephone consultation with a doctor only to be told I have to book my own x-rays.

We have the rain here.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:54   #162983
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all. It's drizzling here & a tad warmer than yesterday.

Quote:
Morning all.

Excuse the rant......

Sometimes I despair.

Rant over.

Sorry to hear about your FIL Andy I hope he can get some help.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:02   #162984
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
My brother had a westie, my late soul mate, which used to surreptitiously help herself to the low-hung chocolate treats on their christmas tree. The silver wrapping wasn't a problem for her, in fact it wasn't even a consideration because she would eat the lot. Lol.

The 787 has some good features and will hopefully turn out to be a great aircraft. I like it and hope that boeing and its partners can sort out the problems they have with it. I do wonder if the guy you encountered had maybe snorted something in the bog. I might have been inclined to mention him to the cabin crew, you may have got an upgrade out of it and he possibly the 3rd degree from customs control on landing. Lol. Christmas for me will I hope be quiet and uneventful not least because of covid precautions. Will be spending it at home with just the odd trip out for provisions ... oh, and just remembered, an appointment with my GP. He recently took a blood sample after I mentioned something at my flu vacc, he wants to see me about the result.
He was certainly wired up and disinhibited, cocaine snorting was something I hadn’t thought about. He was taking a terrible risk as on landing every passenger has to pass through an infrared body scanner, every bag/case is opened and inspected for contraband and anything illegal. Staff from Port of Health were there taking contact details from each passenger for COVID follow up.

Thank goodness Steve your GP is going to chat with you about your blood results, hopefully it’s manageable and nothing serious.

We are going to have a quiet Christmas here. Yesterday, a couple from the UK staying our in-laws visited our pool to have a swim, both PCR tested positive for COVID. They were supposed to be flying back to the UK today but have had to change their plans as they would not be allowed to fly. Both asymptomatic but one of them had the sniffles and was very down about not being able to be back home, they live in the borders. We are keeping ourselves away from the rest of the family….
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:54   #162985
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Morning all.

Excuse the rant......

Sometimes I despair.

Rant over.

Given your FIL is housebound and has a nursing need, the district nurses accept referrals from relatives. Find out the number for the district nurses messaging services in his location NHS trust area. The district nurses can refer for palliative care such as a Marie Curie/McMillan nurses for home care. Please give the district nurses a call and ask for a home visit.

The fact your FIL paid in for 50 years is very impressive. I am not surprised he is poorly after having major surgery for cancer at his age, so bless his heart and all of you.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 23rd December 2021 at 12:30.. Reason: spelling
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:05   #162986
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I've been meaning to change the cordless keyboard & mouse to my PC for a while as some of the letters on the keys have faded over time through use, One of our cats has just made my mind up! It's been zooming around the living room like a loony & knocked it flying The thing doesn't work at all now despite changing the batteries in it.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:43   #162987
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Lovely day here, cold and peeing down, very heavy drizzle. Wouldn't mind but I have to go out

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:06   #162988
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Lovely day here, cold and peeing down, very heavy drizzle. Wouldn't mind but I have to go out

Same, was planning on walking to asda from the house to avoid getting stuck at Milton Link as Asda Carpark will no doubt be a nightmare, looks like I will revert to Plan B and take car and park near to where the buses exit....
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:51   #162989
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Got everything I need for this afternoon, my orders are to make spring rolls. Ging is working Xmas day and they all bring food in, she is supplying spring rolls . . . . or rather I am.

Need to go out again tomorrow, in the opposite direction aiming for Aldi in Portobello, see if I can get a box of clementines, don't have them in Lidl.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 15:37   #162990
crown
Gets stuck in

mg zt saloon

Quote:
Morning all.

Excuse the rant......

Sometimes I despair.

Rant over.

I feel absolutely gutted for you. What a terrible thing to say that he's not registered.
This country has had it.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]mods so far; auto boot lift mod, stainless steel back box, jvc double din head unit, vibe speakers, black oak dash, plenum mod, refurbished hairpins, retro fit illuminated sun visors k & n air filter,aero wipers.retro fit electric rear blind.
roewe front bumper with mg grill badge.new turbo vac pipes.
crown is offline   Reply With Quote