Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th January 2022, 18:03   #11
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Reconnected the battery, no change

I'll have a closer look at the sensor in the morning when its's light, however the one in my car is higher and more central, and the right way up .

I'll also double check with the spare key, just in case

Steve
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2022, 12:04   #12
sln8458
Gets stuck in

OK, so I have looked at the sensor in daylight:

The single cable seems firm.

Checked the second key and get the same results.
Also confirmed that with either key in the lock, ALL doors will open but not lock.

So ALL doors open on the first press of the key fob, but none lock.
When inside with all doors closed, all will lock using the button beside the gear stick.

Obviously I have not checked if the doors lock when I drive the car, as it did before.

ATM I am locking each door individually.

I think, unless anyone suggests otherwise, I will wait until I get the cluster back from Rick and then see where I stand.

Assuming there is no change, I guess a T4 session might help??

Steve
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 25th January 2022, 20:37   #13
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
OK, so I have looked at the sensor in daylight:

The single cable seems firm.

Checked the second key and get the same results.
Also confirmed that with either key in the lock, ALL doors will open but not lock.

So ALL doors open on the first press of the key fob, but none lock.
When inside with all doors closed, all will lock using the button beside the gear stick.

Obviously I have not checked if the doors lock when I drive the car, as it did before.

ATM I am locking each door individually.

Quote:
I think, unless anyone suggests otherwise, I will wait until I get the cluster back from Rick and then see where I stand.

Assuming there is no change, I guess a T4 session might help??

Steve
Hi Steve.
Drop Andy (trikey) a PM have spoken to him on what'sapp and he will await your PM

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2022, 07:04   #14
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Cheers Steve, I've sent him a PM
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 26th January 2022, 12:13   #15
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default I had a similar experience.

I am sure that Andy will diagnose your problem.
I am a little reticent to add my bit. However,I had a similar experience some years ago My then MG Rover dealer installed a water coolant level system in my car. The warning LED was put on the centre console.
When collecting my car I noticed the message centre warning light was on - off side low beam bulb had blown. Assumed that it was normal wear and tear and paid for a replacement lamp bulb. I now believe that an electrical surge was the reason that the globe failed.

I stopped on the way home to do some shopping. It was then that I realised that I was unable to lock my car.

The outcome was that the young apprentice had caused an electrical short that damaged part of the BCUs circuitry. I had to purchase a replacement BCU that they graciously installed with the aid of their T4.
They claimed that the BCU failure was due to a hands free phone – I don’t have one. I think that, in my case, the apprentice may have caused an electrical surge when touching the cigarette lighters circuitry – or some other similar circuit..
Anyway, after the new BCU everything was ok.

Things some folk will try. I recently came across a damaged EWS and burnt electrical harness - caused by someone attempting to install a hands free phone. But, that is another story.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2022, 12:43   #16
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Just did a search for the location of the BCU & came across this:

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=274899

I think I need to check some fuses!!!

Steve
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 30th January 2022, 10:44   #17
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Having removed the instrument cluster, I have taken the opportunity to install a new 'T' aerial for my GSM heater controller, behind the internal rear view mirror.

Ran the cable down the near side of the windscreen behind the door seal and then behind the glovebox, across behind the centre console to where I have the GSM installed in the drivers side cup holder.

Refitted the wooden dash, removed to get the cluster out plus a few other bits of trim.
Re-connected the battery.
Tested a few bits, lights/indicators & started the car, but did not move it.

All ok I turned the engine off and got out and tried to lock the doors, nothing!! Checked the light on the key fob, that worked.

As I had had ALL of the doors open I manually locked each door and locked the drivers door with the key.

Question: with the instrument cluster removed should the central locking still work?

Steve

Just a quick update.
I received the repaired instrument cluster on Friday, today was the earliest when I could re-fit.

I just put it in place loosely and re-connected.

The central locking now works as it did before I removed the instrument cluster.

So the answer to my original question is: NO it will NOT lock any of the doors.

Thanks for all the help and comments
I did check fuse 36 and that was/is fine.

I now need to put everything back properly

Steve
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 30th January 2022, 18:37   #18
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Double check your fuses. I had this same issue on my 53-plate ZT where the car would unlock via the remote but not lock. It was a blown fuse that caused the issue. It's many years since so I can't tell you which fuse but it wasn't the obvious one!
Old 31st January 2022, 12:55   #19
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Double check your fuses. I had this same issue on my 53-plate ZT where the car would unlock via the remote but not lock. It was a blown fuse that caused the issue. It's many years since so I can't tell you which fuse but it wasn't the obvious one!

Fuse 36 here:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=128868
Rear seat cup holders.