Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th July 2020, 15:25   #1
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Washer Bottle Removal - diesel engine

Afternoon folks - yes, due to rain, work and my ineptitude with a spanner, the "other" problem is still ongoing. (Belated HUGE thanks to MarinaBrian for suggestions and encouragement and Geoff in Manchester for VERY GENEROUS offer...). I've looked at threads regarding washer bottle removal and, quite honestly, can't find the 2 screws that I've seen mentioned. If only I could ease the neck out and leave the bottle in place..... Looking to remove it via the wheel arch.

Last edited by Scimdaz; 19th July 2020 at 16:36..
Scimdaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 15:40   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimdaz View Post
Afternoon folks - yes, due to rain, work and my ineptitude with a spanner, the "other" problem is still ongoing. (Belated HUGE thanks to MarinaBrian for suggestions and encouragemnent and Geoff in Manchester for VERY GENEROUS offer...). I've looked at threads regarding washer bottle removal and, quite honestly, can't find the 2 screws that I've seen mentioned. If only I could ease the neck out and leave the bottle in place..... Looking to remove it via the wheel arch.
I cannot recall exactly where the screws are, however,if you remove the bumper, it is obvious - I recall looking at it with my bumper off, thinking how much easier fitting the replacement headlight washer pump would have been if I had taken the bumper off, and how easy it is to remove altogether.

Whilst it is off, you can check everything, particularly the wiring, is intact. If the screws are rusted solid, as mine were, it would be worth getting them cut off and replaced. So many simple frustrating tasks are held behind the bumper. It removes so easily, you think you have done it incorrectly lol.

You can get to it via the wheel arch, but I am not sure if it can be unscrewed removed from it. You have to remove the small screw that holds the bumper in place at the wheel arch, to get the cover off, so you may even be able to pull the edge of the bumper out (loosen the two upper screw bolts above the headlight if you do this).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 15:53   #3
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks - I think (hahaha). And here's me hoping NOT to have to take the car apart.....
Old 19th July 2020, 15:56   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Thanks - I think (hahaha). And here's me hoping NOT to have to take the car apart.....
If the bumper screws are not rusted in place, it really is easy to remove. There are many how tos on the site for it, but I found this video gave me the most confidence in myself to do it.

VIDEO

Old 19th July 2020, 16:27   #5
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
If the bumper screws are not rusted in place, it really is easy to remove. There are many how tos on the site for it, but I found this video gave me the most confidence in myself to do it.

VIDEO
If only I could open the bonnet ...... oh, hum
Old 19th July 2020, 16:53   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
If only I could open the bonnet ...... oh, hum

I didnt know that, lol. Remove the wheel arch liner, and then it should be possible to reach the cable shuttle.

Old 19th July 2020, 20:11   #7
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Only place I can see the bottle attached to the car. Bottle does seem to pivot about this bracket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg resized.jpeg (14.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 19th July 2020, 20:52   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Only place I can see the bottle attached to the car. Bottle does seem to pivot about this bracket.
looks about right, but I cannot remember. I dont have a relevant picture of the area. Closest I have is the one attached from about 6 years ago. You can see how much easier it is with it out. There may be a more relevant image somewhere on the forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10516867_10153083968903294_3657111291939170333_n.jpg (115.3 KB, 24 views)

Old 19th July 2020, 20:54   #9
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,just taken my water bottle off my 2001 diesel saloon.As mentioned front bumper off,my bottle was held by two plastic scrivets,slightly larger in size than the ones holding the inner wing in situ.Regards Ry....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2020, 08:43   #10
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

If it helps, here's a washer bottle mounting screw on a KV6. There are two screws (scrivets?), the one you can see here and another one on the opposite side of the bottle (indicated by the dotted arrow).

This pic is taken through the front RH wheel arch - the liner is off and the undertray is off.

The front bumper is still on in this pic. I think you can get to both bottle screws by lying under the car (maybe with undertray off) and reaching up - you certainly don't need to take the front bumper off. And you might be able to get to the screw shown without taking the wheel arch liner off either.

Last edited by Blink; 22nd July 2020 at 08:58..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote