Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd May 2024, 21:22   #1
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Default EURO 6 CDTi details?

Does anyone have a note of the CDTi Euro 6 diesel emission figures please? They're blank on my V5C. Having obtained the detailed limit criteria for Scottish LEZs for my Smart Roadster which does show the CO and NOx details on the V5C, I successfully got them to correct the DVLA record so it now shows as exempt. I'd similarly like to check my 75 which is exempt on TFL but not Scotland.

Dougie.

Last edited by goltho; 22nd May 2024 at 21:26..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2024, 06:11   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
Does anyone have a note of the CDTi Euro 6 diesel emission figures please? They're blank on my V5C.
What is the source of that chart Dougie? It doesn't correspond with my information for the Euro 6 standard which is 0.06 g/km of NOx.
Correction: Due to misreading my own notes Dougie is correct. For diesels Euro 6 is 0.08 g/km of NOx.

It's my recollection that Scotland uses either the TfL database or the national CAZ database (they are separate would you believe).
Try phoning the Central Clean Air Zone Service on 0300 029 8888 (Mon. to Fri. 08.00 - 19.00, Sat. 08.00 - 14.00).

There's also a Clean Air Support page on Gov.uk.
Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 28th May 2024 at 06:17.. Reason: Correction
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2024, 09:22   #3
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
What is the source of that chart Dougie? It doesn't correspond with my information for the Euro 6 standard which is 0.06 g/km of NOx.

It's my recollection that Scotland uses either the TfL database or the national CAZ database (they are separate would you believe).
Try phoning the Central Clean Air Zone Service on 0300 029 8888 (Mon. to Fri. 08.00 - 19.00, Sat. 08.00 - 14.00).

There's also a Clean Air Support page on Gov.uk.
Simon
Morning Simon,

I first found the document I pasted from above by Shropshire Coucil and then found the actual TFL legislation, page 33/Table 4 which confirm the same ratings information they use.

I also found an FOI request to TFL which reveals that the TFL database is not live-linked to DVLA, but is their own compliance database based on DVLA data along with information from the Vehicle Certification Agency and from vehicle manufacturers. Any incorrect data which comes to light is reported to DVLA so that their data is also corrected (as per my Roadster).

Scotland on the other hand, do not have their own database but instead, operate a two-stage DVLA request daily to check a) for exemption data of potential offending vehicles, and b) for keeper details of previously identified offending vehicles. They also make their own checks for apparent data errors as per my own; if based on the evidence supplied to them (e.g. a copy of the V5C showing emissions data), they suspect that the DVLA record is wrong, they make a request to DVLA for a record correction so that their daily update from DVLA will show the correct information when you or I interrogate the DVLA record via the Scottish website. I have to say I was hugely impressed with their efficiency as they processed and resolved my query within 24 hours, including liaising with DVLA and having them correct their data so that my Roadster correctly showed as being exempt.

SO... back to Euro 6, I still don't know why the published emissions information on which both TFL and Scotland's legislation is based, differs from yours.

Dougie.

Last edited by goltho; 23rd May 2024 at 09:28..
Old 23rd May 2024, 09:51   #4
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Does anyone have a note of the CDTi Euro 6 diesel emission figures please? They're blank on my V5C. Having obtained the detailed limit criteria for Scottish LEZs for my Smart Roadster which does show the CO and NOx details on the V5C, I successfully got them to correct the DVLA record so it now shows as exempt. I'd similarly like to check my 75 which is exempt on TFL but not Scotland.

Dougie.
Strange, help me here please.
You have a 2005 diesel auto which is exempt on TFL.
I have a 2005 diesel auto which is NOT exempt on TFL. (just checked)
Here is my V5 data:
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.

Last edited by sln8458; 23rd May 2024 at 10:10.. Reason: image added
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2024, 10:14   #5
SD1too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Strange, help me here please.
You have a 2005 diesel auto which is exempt on TFL.
I have a 2005 diesel auto which is NOT exempt on TFL. (just checked)
The answer is that every vehicle has different emissions data.

Simon
Old 23rd May 2024, 10:26   #6
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
The answer is that every vehicle has different emissions data.

Simon

I must be being 'thick' this morning Simon.
I thought that (simplified) ALL rover 75 diesel autos (131ps) built in 2005 would have the same emmision data.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 23rd May 2024, 12:51   #7
SD1too

Quote:
I must be being 'thick' this morning Simon.
I thought that (simplified) ALL rover 75 diesel autos (131ps) built in 2005 would have the same emission data.
You're not being thick Steve, we all believed that as a reasonable assumption. You might have seen the thread where we collected NOx figures from members' 2.5 litre KV6s and there were three or four variations, scattered over the six years of production.

Every vehicle has a Certificate of Conformity issued by the manufacturer which includes the emissions data. These are available for purchase.

Simon
Old 23rd May 2024, 12:58   #8
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:

Dougie.

Dougie,

Do you know what figures TFL hold for your car?
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 23rd May 2024, 13:26   #9
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
You're not being thick Steve, we all believed that as a reasonable assumption. You might have seen the thread where we collected NOx figures from members' 2.5 litre KV6s and there were three or four variations, scattered over the six years of production.

Every vehicle has a Certificate of Conformity issued by the manufacturer which includes the emissions data. These are available for purchase.

Simon

Scanning the KV6 thread SImon

Quote:

The emissions data printed on the V5C is from the Certificate of Conformity.

Simon

So the CofC would be the same as the info on my V5
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 23rd May 2024, 13:27   #10
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Dougie,
Do you know what figures TFL hold for your car?
I do not.

Dougie.