Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2008, 08:24   #31
sigor
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Hi,

yesterday i tried to fit my heated washers but i found out, that i didn't have (or couldn't find?) a connector.

I made some photos and now I am asking if conncetor could be so well taped that it is totally unvisible. I dared not unwind the tape which was around the main harness.

Could somebody advise me to do this or it is just so that my car does not have this connector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01657m.JPG (35.7 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01658m.JPG (36.3 KB, 78 views)
Old 10th November 2008, 09:10   #32
comet
Avid contributor

CDTConnSE Wreg 102000mls

My cable was just hanging down along side the main vertical loom and only needed to be undone for about an inch. On fitting the heated pipe and loom, I managed to fit without cutting the conex by putting a line attatched to the old pipes and pulling down. Step the conex and wrap with tape, attatch line and thread thro'.
Old 30th November 2008, 00:38   #33
superchargedstu
Avid contributor

rover 75 cdt club and db7 supercharged austin mini sprite!!!!

i tried fitting mine today and , like sigor, i didnt have a connector under the wing! does anyone have an idea where to wire it up to????

attempting a piano black dashboard!! needing parts!!
Old 30th November 2008, 01:20   #34
Rob75
Gets stuck in

Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Been thinking about them myself Andrew, From what I can gather straight swap and usually wiring in place behind driverside wheel arch. If not simply tap into feed to heated mirrors.

Only downside is it is only the actual jets that are heated, not the pipes leading to them, so still a chance for them to freeze
thats the other alternative if you have'nt got the loom in place.

that reminds me, i must fit mine soon, and like yourself i have'nt got the wireing in place i dont know why they did'nt just make one loom for the 75 with all the optional bits attached, probally to save 1p on build costs.
Old 30th November 2008, 08:58   #35
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Been thinking about them myself Andrew, From what I can gather straight swap and usually wiring in place behind driverside wheel arch. If not simply tap into feed to heated mirrors.

Only downside is it is only the actual jets that are heated, not the pipes leading to them, so still a chance for them to freeze
Is it not a case that the underbonnet area will be heated by the heat given off by the engine. However, the air flow over the jets will result in cooling and hence freezing at just the jets. In addition, the anti-freeze solution keeps it liquid but, at the jets the alcohol will evaporate meaning that instead of a water alcohol mix being present the alcohol will evaporate leaving just water.

Paul
Old 30th November 2008, 10:34   #36
podge
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Hm...latent heat of evaporation.....sorry, had a physics exam last year...at my age!!!

B.M.Ws loss........OUR GAIN!!!!!!!!
http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/...arp.300pix.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/3...b847e1c5_m.jpg
Closed Thread