Notices

Old 30th July 2014, 07:09   #49231
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good mornin Jay. I am sure you will get the hang of the Z2, plus the apps in no time at all. Sony emailed yesterday their latest offering, the T3 the worlds first slimmest 5.3 inch smart phone. What ever next lol If you get the chance do look it up, looks nice. I hardly use my laptop these days and my old Windows XP PC, I vacuum packed and stored it away in the loft.

I am still feeling grotty but no more diarrhoea in the night, still have the gripes as the bugs do battle against the meds lol
And I have to be fit to fly back to London on Sunday night

I have been holding off from buying a tablet for as long as possible. With my hobby for making movies and photography, I have trouble finding one with mega capacity. iPad offers a cellular tablet with 128gb but it is expensive without a contract. I am looking at eBay now and again for the best deal or shall I go with Amazon. You would have gone through this kind of dilemma when you were looking for a smart phone.

One of the big features I like is the predictive text and how it takes care of the spelling. Clever stuff. I think I will see if I can get back to sleep. I hope Jay, you are keeping well and looking after yourself
Take care ... Phil
Hi Phil,

Glad your on the mend Sir
Just to point out with the tablets, my iPad is 64gb and I have the camera connection kit which allows me to connect my Dslr directly to it and upload the photos off the camera onto the iPad.

My photos are uploaded to cloud based storage every day and also to my network attached storage hard drive at home.
This means I can delete all but my very favourite photos off of the device so as not to use up valuable storage.

I still have full access to view my photos on the device from my external storage solutions, either cloud based or on my network drive at home which I can access anywhere I have an Internet signal.
Hope that helps you a bit

Last edited by coolcat; 30th July 2014 at 07:19..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 07:17   #49232
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
If you remember when you first got your phone , peeps were suggesting apps you could download and use with it.
Taptalk is an app to use with forums.
It presents the forum display in a more phone friendly way and some peeps prefer using it instead of just using the phones web browser to view the forum pages
Me, I just use the web browser as you appear to be doing yourself

Good morning Jeff Any plans for your day off
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 07:23   #49233
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Good morning Jeff Any plans for your day off
Guess what.......yep, you guessed it
I have a forum member coming at 10.00 for a double din install then hopefully this afternoon will be going to the cat rescue.
Later this afternoon Molly ( our little kitten ) is going to the vets to have her micro chip fitted
That's about it for the day although no doubt subject to change if and when Ros dictates
What about you Derek?
Hope you are feeling better as well Sir.
Old 30th July 2014, 07:30   #49234
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Hi Phil,

Glad your on the mend Sir
Just to point out with the tablets, my iPad is 64gb and I have the camera connection kit which allows me to connect my Dslr directly to it and upload the photos off the camera onto the iPad.

My photos are uploaded to cloud based storage every day and also to my network attached storage hard drive at home.
This means I can delete all but my very favourite photos off of the device so as not to use up valuable storage.

I still have full access to view my photos on the device from my external storage solutions, either cloud based or on my network drive at home which I can access anywhere I have an Internet signal.
Hope that helps you a bit
Thanks Jeff. What is a network attached storage hard drive which is compatible? In that case maybe a 64gb will be enough for the purpose
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 07:35   #49235
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Later this afternoon Molly ( our little kitten ) is going to the vets to have her micro chip fitted
Wow! I had no idea you could fit ICE . . . . In Cat Entertainment

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 07:39   #49236
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
Morning Phil i can only go on what other people have said get well soon mate
Thanks Thomas. I think I will be alright. I got caught eating something not cooked right or the food was bad. I am just having bread and marmite without any butter and black tea for breakkie and tastes Boootiful lol
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 08:11   #49237
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Guess what.......yep, you guessed it
I have a forum member coming at 10.00 for a double din install then hopefully this afternoon will be going to the cat rescue.
That's about it for the day although no doubt subject to change if and when Ros dictates
What about you Derek?
Hope you are feeling better as well Sir.

Yes thanks Jeff I am feeling much better now I plan just to take things as they come for today except to take JC for walks 3,4 and 5
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 08:52   #49238
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thanks Jeff. What is a network attached storage hard drive which is compatible? In that case maybe a 64gb will be enough for the purpose
Hi Phil,

A network attached storage drive (NAS) is just an external hard drive with an Ethernet connection.
Instead of connecting via a usb it is connected to your router/modem instead.
It will have its own IP address and this enables you to access it locally at home for uploading and downloading files to and from it but will also allow you to connect to it for uploads and downloads anywhere in the world you have an Internet connection.
What you do is download the NAS drive app for your smart phone/tablet etc and the companies software for PC's and that's it.
Any files stored on it be it music, photos, videos or documents can be accessed on any of your devices set up to use it
I have two of them at home, a Buffalo 1Tb Link Station and a Seagate 2Tb Central unit

This is the Seagate app on my iPad :

Last edited by coolcat; 30th July 2014 at 08:57..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 09:28   #49239
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Hi Phil,

A network attached storage drive (NAS) is just an external hard drive with an Ethernet connection.
Instead of connecting via a usb it is connected to your router/modem instead.
It will have its own IP address and this enables you to access it locally at home for uploading and downloading files to and from it but will also allow you to connect to it for uploads and downloads anywhere in the world you have an Internet connection.
What you do is download the NAS drive app for your smart phone/tablet etc and the companies software for PC's and that's it.
Any files stored on it be it music, photos, videos or documents can be accessed on any of your devices set up to use it
I have two of them at home, a Buffalo 1Tb Link Station and a Seagate 2Tb Central unit

This is the Seagate app on my iPad :

I'm building a NAS server at moment using one of my raspberry pi's, the great thing is you don't need a great amount of processor power..

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 10:17   #49240
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning - all eventually
Had an excellent BBQ with the family last night - I ate FAR too much (3 burgers and half a dozen bangers if I remember correctly - all very well done ) - so I'm feeling a bit lethargic this morning

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote