Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th January 2013, 18:37   #1
chrishumphries
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 connoisseur CDTI TOUR & ZTT+ CDTi Tourer - both in rare starlight silver

Default New clutch but no turbo !

Good evening all, can anyone suggest what the garage has done/not done ? I've just picked up my car (131bhp TD with synergy ) after having new clutch, slave & master fitted, and I have no turbo, would nt pull the skin off a rice pud ! It revs freely but feeble power - and my reversing sensors have packed in. I tried disconnecting & reconnecting the battery but that has nt worked, has it gone into limp mode ? nothing abnormal lit up on the dash,
chrishumphries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 18:44   #2
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Have you checked your reverse lights they probably haven't plugged the sensor back into the box as for the turbo I have no idea probs something not put back properly
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 19:09   #3
chrishumphries
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 connoisseur CDTI TOUR & ZTT+ CDTi Tourer - both in rare starlight silver

I would nt mind so much but they fitted a new master cylinder just before Christmas, that I think blew the slave and the new master failed on Wednesday, no fluid. I dropped it off Friday & was assured they would have it done Saturday for a very good quoted price of £373 for the clutch & slave, the master to be replaced under warranty. The garage called me Saturday & I thought great, that was quick, only for them to tell me it would in fact now cost me £780 as they had lost my quote ! ( I showed them my copy ) I took the car away & 10 minutes later they phoned me & said they would do it for the original price , but could nt do it til Monday.
Old 14th January 2013, 19:10   #4
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Sounds like it's definitely in limp mode - perhaps they have pulled the connector for the synergy form the pressure sensor? I say this as I forgot to connect this once and it went into limp mode - with the same symptoms you describe.

Tommy :-)
Old 14th January 2013, 19:18   #5
bramblp
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT

They may have dislodged or failed to re-connect one of the hoses from the turbo to the air intake
Old 15th January 2013, 17:22   #6
chrishumphries
Gets stuck in

I found the synergy disconnected despite the garage swearing blind they never touched it ! Reversing switch connected properly now as well, I now have lights & sensors. Suffice to say I won't be using that garage again. Thanks for the advice gents.