Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th October 2020, 14:51   #155121
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Begger! It goes from bad to worse! The emergency plumber has been out & cant find the water stop tap outside of our property or inside our property to turn the supply off Awaiting United Utilities to come out & see if they can find it, 80 quid call out fee & water still gushing out of the stopc0ck He's gone off to another job as he cant get to enough of the lead pipework to freeze the pipework to stop it. If United Utilities cant find it the concrete kitchen floor will have to be dug up I've been in this house over 35 years & I've never come across one.

I need a swilly.

That doesn’t sound very good Ian. Hope you get it fixed ok.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 16:45   #155122
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Sounds like you need the whole bottle Ian.
Evening all, been very busy with work lately, and sorting stuff out for my mum so first chance i have had to post properly for a while.
Good to hear you are finally back home Col, that must be a weight of your mind now.
I wish this blasted house that belonged to my late aunt would sell, its been on the market since the start of July and we have had loads of viewings but no offers. Apart from one from a couple who came back for a second viewing last week and made an insulting offer of £25k less than the advertised price
Old 14th October 2020, 16:57   #155123
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
That doesn’t sound very good Ian. Hope you get it fixed ok.

Cheers Bob, The united utilities guy has just been out & these old houses are on a shared main, the water supply shut off tap is down the road He's not allowed to shut it off as it will shut off the water supply to the other houses that will be up to the plumber to notify them when he can do the job but checked if it can be turned off OK which it can.

The water is still pouring out into the kitchen The insurance company say they don't cover repairs to pipework We have to wait until the claims handler comes out to assess the damage all the while this water will be pouring out The water is already filling up the under floor cavity under the living room.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 17:21   #155124
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Cheers Bob, The united utilities guy has just been out & these old houses are on a shared main, the water supply shut off tap is down the road He's not allowed to shut it off as it will shut off the water supply to the other houses that will be up to the plumber to notify them when he can do the job but checked if it can be turned off OK which it can.

The water is still pouring out into the kitchen The insurance company say they don't cover repairs to pipework We have to wait until the claims handler comes out to assess the damage all the while this water will be pouring out The water is already filling up the under floor cavity under the living room.
Surely if the pipe is their property Ian its their problem to sort out? As for turning the water off i would have thought as its an emergency they would have the authority to turn it off and rectify the leak. We have our local water company driving round in the van with a PA system saying" due to an emergency the water supply will be turned off in 20/30 minutes for x hours" They cant leave you with water gushing into your kitchen.
Old 14th October 2020, 18:10   #155125
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Surely if the pipe is their property Ian its their problem to sort out? As for turning the water off i would have thought as its an emergency they would have the authority to turn it off and rectify the leak. We have our local water company driving round in the van with a PA system saying" due to an emergency the water supply will be turned off in 20/30 minutes for x hours" They cant leave you with water gushing into your kitchen.

It's like peeing in the wind Rich trying to get things done The plumber isn't answering the phone who we paid 80 quid call out fee to this afternoon & I ain't got another 80 quid to pay another call out fee. the insurance want a £250 excess payment so I is skint. I've been onto the insurance telling them the situation with not being able to isolate the water supply to our house from the rest of the street & United Utilities cant leave the water supply turned off for the other neighbours. I've told them the water is still pouring into the kitchen & they said the assessor guy cant come out until Friday you couldn't make this up I've just said s0d it. It'll cost them a new kitchen and heaven knows what else damage there is by the time they pull their finger out.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 19:42   #155126
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Jesus that’s bad Ian, hope you get it sorted soon!!
Old 14th October 2020, 21:05   #155127
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Having just returned home after having a flooded house, I feel your pain Ian. Insurance companies will repair the damage caused but not the cause of the leak, that sadly is perfectly normal.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 22:04   #155128
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
It's like peeing in the wind Rich trying to get things done The plumber isn't answering the phone who we paid 80 quid call out fee to this afternoon & I ain't got another 80 quid to pay another call out fee. the insurance want a £250 excess payment so I is skint. I've been onto the insurance telling them the situation with not being able to isolate the water supply to our house from the rest of the street & United Utilities cant leave the water supply turned off for the other neighbours. I've told them the water is still pouring into the kitchen & they said the assessor guy cant come out until Friday you couldn't make this up I've just said s0d it. It'll cost them a new kitchen and heaven knows what else damage there is by the time they pull their finger out.
You would think that they could cut into the the pipe somewhere close to you and shut the water off. Re-route a secondary pipe to you so that you have some supply. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted Ian.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 22:17   #155129
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Very poor show by the ins co there. They should have an emergency plumber or electrician on their books
Old 15th October 2020, 06:32   #155130
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, how’s the situation this morning Ian?