Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th October 2020, 16:18   #1
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Trophy Blue MG ZT-T cdti

After months of indecision - my ZT-T is up for sale. I have the room to keep it but we now have a major new project which means I have no time to “play” with her now. This coupled with the fact that these cars are designed to be used not displayed as an ornament means I am looking to pass her on to another enthusiast.
The mileage history tells a story.
Bought in June 2014 with a new MOT and 97,099 miles
2015 104,672
2016 117,554
2017 131,951
2018 138,568
2019 140,431
And today mileage stands at 141,745

In my ownership she has been a superb long distance cruiser - eating up the miles whilst sipping fuel - regularly achieved 48/49 mpg and in the summer 50mpg was often achieved.

But since fully retiring the miles have fallen to just 1,314 since June 2019. A few years ago she did a pretty faultless circa 13k a year.

She is Trophy Blue and being a Mk1 has the fabulous front end with the stainless mesh grills. I regularly received compliments on her looks.

Grey Alcantara and leather seats in good condition but whilst the drivers bolster is not split, the seat cloth is thin and I have a Mk2 set of seats that I had planned to fit. I think the Mk2 seats are better than the Mk1’s(especially regards knee room for the rear passengers and these are “shot silk” centre cloth in blue and yellow with blue stitching on the seats themselves. I think they will compliment the Trophy Blue body really well.

Work done.

New a/c condenser fitted
Replacement alternator
Replacement steering rack
FBH fitted (don’t buy a cdti without one!)
Naval Star DD unit
Dark Oak dash fitted (probably the best visual mod ever)

She comes with a number of spares I had sourced over the years as intended her to be my Retirement Project but as I say - that has all changed now.

*Complete set of replacement seats
*SPARE slightly dented complete passenger front door (some s0d reversed into her in a car park and via the club I sourced a good s/h replacement in Trophy Blue for £20 which was a bit cheaper than the £500 odd repair quotes!)
*Couple of Hairpin Alloys plus the original space saver.
*Rover 75 Tourer PPD “Boot Kit” that fits round the spare wheel and has a carpeted floor with a “dustbin lid” to give a storage space in the spare wheel. I understand these “lids” are quite rare now.
*Cruise control kit with another Steering wheel to suit - this steering wheel is in unmarked condition whereas the one on the car is showing its age and mileage a bit.
*Spare FBH -not tested
*Set of spare headlamps (I knew if I bought these mine would not get damaged...)
* The original silver dash panels.
* EGR bi-pass - from DMGS - still in box - never got round to fitting it.

Issues

Since taking the nose off to replace the A/C condenser the interior lights do not work and the headlight adjuster wheel on the dash does not work either. The a/c condenser was replaced last summer and I have simply not had time to sort this.

Bodywork is in good condition but there are a few blemishes but she is very good for her ages.

I shall be genuinely sorry to see her go as she has been the best allrounder I think I have owned. Handling on country roads is superb, and she eats up the miles whilst returning excellent mpg. Couple that with a boot that I easily fitted seven interior house doors into without having to leave the boot open and still had room to spare - she has also been a practical workhorse.

£1200 or very near offer with all the spares listed.

Please PM me with an email address for photos as I cannot post pics on here.

Last edited by Darcydog; 3rd April 2021 at 11:22.. Reason: Price Reduction
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 11:27   #2
Darcydog
This is my second home

Default Bump

Now that restrictions seem to be easing - a “bump”

Any sensible offers considered. With all the spares/further upgrades ready to be fitted - that come with the price, this is a great project.

It would be good to see her go to a fellow enthusiast.
Old 14th July 2021, 10:30   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

Default Now FREE!!

Sadly my ZTT now has a cracked windscreen - there was a slight chip, been there for years on passenger side - and I think those 30 of nights of hard frost a month or so back did it.

So, by the time I pay for a new windscreen (not insured for this at the moment), MOT, Tax and Insurance - there is little I would get back if I sold it.

This is a real shame as the car is a really good reliable drive.

Other factors are my MOT chap who I trusted implicitly to do the work I could not on the car had had a heart attack. We were stunned to learn this was his second and is a lot more serious than his first.

Also - my son needs a lot of my help on his new house and I simply will not have the time to spent on the ZTT.

She will be advertised as spares or repair on Gumtree etc in the future - but if a member wants a good project or Donor Car then it’s Free!!!

A member can have all the spares listed above as well - if I advertise her - these will be sold (probably on here) separately.