Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th October 2020, 06:55   #21
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Is this the official version?.

It does not sound like the one I heard from him.
I don't know what he has said to you or indeed anyone else. The request he sent to the club directors was that he wanted to leave which he has done. His profile says retired and not banned for the simple reason he has not been banned.
Not an official version but the accurate version based upon the request that he made to the club directors.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2020, 07:55   #22
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

I wish he would come back. He entertained me for years and th club is a poorer place for him not to be here.

His help for me was car life saving.

Come back Brian when you feel like it.. We miss you..
Old 29th October 2020, 08:28   #23
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Just to clarify, Brian was not banned. His profile shows as having ' retired ' as he asked to leave the club on or around 10th July.
I agree it was a loss to the club, his knowledge about our cars is second to none. I for one am sad he's no longer here but I understand and respect his decisions.
Ronnie if you see him, please pass on my best wishes

Given the sentiments of this thread, which I wholeheartedly agree with, if Brian wished to return I take it he will be welcomed back with open arms Simon?

Last edited by Mike Noc; 29th October 2020 at 09:01..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2020, 08:43   #24
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

I agree.

It is a travesty of sense, in my view, if Brian has "been retired".
He is a first class asset, especially in a club such as ours.
And if he is frank and direct, well that's him. If people can't handle that, maybe they should buy a box filled with cotton, and go and live there.!

I think we would all welcome him back with open arms.

Well, almost all of us!!
Old 29th October 2020, 09:33   #25
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Just to clarify, Brian was not banned. His profile shows as having ' retired ' as he asked to leave the club on or around 10th July.
I agree it was a loss to the club, his knowledge about our cars is second to none. I for one am sad he's no longer here but I understand and respect his decisions.
Ronnie if you see him, please pass on my best wishes
“Second to none”? While I have received help from MarinaBrian and indeed learnt a great deal from his posts I feel your statement belittles others especially Phil-T4 who I have come to regard as the foremost expert on the Rover 75. I feel that even Brian would bow to Phil’s superior knowledge of the electronics side of things.

Nor do I believe that the management are being entirely honest in their version of events: there are many forms of retirement, some voluntary others more of an enforced kind.

It is sad that so many have either been banned or “chosen” retirement, you’ve only got to search old posts to see how many have fallen foul of the management. Many good knowledgeable people like Rover54 (and Remote T4 friend) who I believe also "retired" but managed to bring my V6 back to life while operating his T4 in London to Sweden - gone now but never forgotten.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2020, 10:30   #26
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
“Second to none”? While I have received help from MarinaBrian and indeed learnt a great deal from his posts I feel your statement belittles others especially Phil-T4 who I have come to regard as the foremost expert on the Rover 75. I feel that even Brian would bow to Phil’s superior knowledge of the electronics side of things.

Nor do I believe that the management are being entirely honest in their version of events: there are many forms of retirement, some voluntary others more of an enforced kind.

It is sad that so many have either been banned or “chosen” retirement, you’ve only got to search old posts to see how many have fallen foul of the management. Many good knowledgeable people like Rover54 (and Remote T4 friend) who I believe also "retired" but managed to bring my V6 back to life while operating his T4 in London to Sweden - gone now but never forgotten.

Regards
John Lydon and the BBC spring to mind
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2020, 10:45   #27
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

While it is true Brian has gone (left) it is also apparent that he has not been forgotten by many of us on here. To me he was a true person:- said it how he saw it, and if you were thin skinned, you got upset. The only thing I can say in all truthfulness, is that his skill and knowledge is sorely missed by us in this club of ours. I am one of those who just wish he would return, but I very much doubt it. Please prove me wrong Brian.
Old 29th October 2020, 11:09   #28
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Has any one searched Brian's previous posts?

I seem to recall his frustrations and deliberations regarding a new car, and leaving the forum. There were, let's call them shenanigans at the time, and he requested to be retired. He remained for a time, and then a public post from.reebs regarding his request being auctioned, as his email address was not useable (or words to that effect).

I can appreciate his frustrations from.the forum, however I think there may be a deeper desire. Simply to spend more time with his family without the distraction of us lot, and our reliance on him (knowing him only from the forum, you could see his commitment to us, and to me it came at the expense of his personal life).

I miss reading his informative posts, explanations, and the knowledge of his existence should.i need to call on his expertise. However, I do not wish to see.him.back if this forum affected his life, in any negative way. I wish him.peace, quiet and family.time and I hope he is well.healthy and enjoying his new car.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2020, 13:04   #29
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Has any one searched Brian's previous posts?
Yes, indeed, and some of them I was not aware of until another member kindly and very recently pointed me in the direction of them. Lol.

I would never have noticed them looking from a member's point of view but from a mod's point of view they do stick out somewhat. Assuming that you are not banned for being too blimming obvious you need to get yourself back here Brian. I for one request your return and given the support for you on this thread alone I hope that you and the team can work together to facilitate it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2020, 16:05   #30
gbs100
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer cdti auto

I've known Brian for well over 30 years. In fact at the time we were both into Morris marinas (we both still own at least one)
I can honestly say he would think nothing of helping anyone no matter what he was doing the time. I've seen us spend a weekend at Sheffield at short notice to fit a engine to a friends car. Although I haven't spoken to him ages I will try to contact him.