Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th November 2020, 13:49   #511
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

The things going on in NHS:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ockdown-policy

3 people in hospital with Covid. Massive propaganda and smoke and mirrors.
Old 7th November 2020, 15:56   #512
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

That video is probably More credible than the content that princes of darkness that have been preaching doom every day on the news, of which the media like to report in the headlines to scare us into submission.
Old 7th November 2020, 16:09   #513
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

I normally try and debate the message, and not participate in an assassination of the messenger.
But left wing debating tactics excel at this.

Not even worth engaging.
Old 7th November 2020, 18:03   #514
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Me, I am wondering personally what all of the fuss is about, most people I've encountered in my line of work, act responsibly and their customers are not as you put it "inebriated to the point of incapacity, requiring vomit buses to take them to A&E"

For the record the business I work in is amusement catering, i.e. I supply pubs and clubs with fruit machines, jukeboxes pool and snooker tables etc, and as a result of this have huge quantities manual handling of cash in the business, supposedly the worst carrier of covid.

So why have I or my employees not fallen over with Covid? could it be down to good luck perhaps? or perhaps the good practices put into place by the licensed trade and their suppliers, or perhaps the 10PM curfew which has killed the majority of trade in the business.

Make no mistake about it, in all of the decades I have worked in the business, I've never seen pubs and clubs so deserted.

One licensee I talked too summed it up to a tee, "I can go shopping, take the bus, wander about, see hundreds of people I've never met before in my life, however every single person without exception who enters my premises has to sign up to track and trace, and give their contact details."

So if the footfall in the average pub is anything to go by, pubs are not the super spreading places we are led to believe.

Stupidity is not the sole domain of the stupid, supposedly intelligent people can become blinkered by spin bluff and bluster.

I really have come to believe that we are being led up the garden path by those who have less than our best interests at heart, we all know covid is real, but we don't all have to believe the absolute worst case scenarios we are being constantly fed in an attempt to gain acquiescence.

It is one thing to use one's qualifications in an attempt to steamroller your opinion on others, it is quite another to do that in a way that is meaningful, or not tinged with conflicts of interest which is how the current crop of scientific advice is viewed by many, along with a healthy dose of suspicion for good measure.

I'm a people person, I have dealt with all manner of people in the course of my professional career, and if you were to rock up to an average pub and attempt to deal with people with the lack of respect you appear to be showing others, you would get short shrift at best if you catch my meaning.

I'm no fool, and the majority of those people you are besmirching are not either, respect is earned and not a given right, and that is irrespective of your profession or background.

Let's not let the debate descend into personal jibes, it does nothing to further your arguments

Alf
Old 7th November 2020, 20:25   #515
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

As it is people will never respect anyone, irrespective of their knowledge, skill, qualification or otherwise if they themselves are treated with disrespect, something you may wish to reflect upon should you wish to reply.

At no time during the first wave was the NHS in the north east of England at any risk of being overwhelmed, the largest local teaching hospital to me employs over five thousand individuals, of which a fair few of my family are included, and not in minor roles and very much in the front line.

As relayed first hand, ITU were never in any danger locally, and in fact were considerably quieter than they would have normally been.

You fail to point out that the majority of covid cases do not require hospitalisation, perhaps you would care to explain to the "thickos" what role IFN-I for instance might play in the prevention of the sort of autoimmune response that is typical of adversely affected covid patients?

Make no mistake, most people are fully aware of the bad things that covid can do, but most are not aware of how few people are badly affected, and why that might be.

The knock on social effects of the attempts at suppression of covid far outweigh the affect the actual virus has upon the population as a whole, this is to many much more pertinent to their individual situations than something that is not visible to them, and that is the reality I'm afraid.

The sort of person who may be about to have their home repossessed as a result of their livelihood being artificially cut off at the knees, and made homeless, is fairly unlikely to care a jot about the NHS being busier than normal, or sympathetic to the musings of governmental scientific advisors with £600,000 worth of investment in pharmaceutical companies for instance

For all of the false camaraderie with statements such as "we are all in this together" the facts for many are somewhat different, and who could blame those for being suspicious of the claptrap they are being fed?

Alf
Old 7th November 2020, 22:26   #516
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

With regards to hospitals/NHS being overwhelmed, looking at your earlier posts in this thread from June, it would suggest that they weren't as busy as predicted.....from what you gathered after talking to your relatives in the NHS that is.
When you consider the number of daily infections & deaths back then, they should have been inundated.
Old 9th November 2020, 10:06   #517
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Well, I'm not one to be left out:

The deli-girl fumed and was swearing
After perceiving a slight on her bearing
Sir you are the dregs
No I don't have frogs legs
It's these very high heels that I'm wearing

Back on topic.
Old 9th November 2020, 18:05   #518
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I'm so angry right now I just have to let off steam.

My wife Marina was told she was on call for the nursing home this weekend, no extra pay just be there to answer the company phone should it ring and advise the nurse at work at the nursing home what should be done if they are unsure.
Sure enough Sun night the phone rings, one of the residents was not expected to last the night, so in line with policy, relatives were allowed to come in.

The two daughters were upset and asked if they could stay the night so their mother would not die alone, The nurse working rang again to ask my wife if they could. On compassionate grounds it was deemed appropriate. the room is en-suite and other appropriate measures are in place.

Today the resident is still clinging on but not expected to see another sunrise and understandingly the daughters don't want their mom to be alone.

Head office have been informed and have now decided that the visiting time limit of 1 hour must be observed. They have told the daughters they have to leave, they have refused.

The company have now called the police to forcibly remove the daughters, they are waiting for them to arrive and my wife who allowed them to stay overnight is to be subject of an investigation.

What a state of affairs when they force somebody to die alone

It would appear the virus knows if you have been around over a hour.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 9th November 2020 at 18:16..
Old 9th November 2020, 19:46   #519
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Hopefully things will change re care homes and the funding of the essential service which they provide. Along with a basic funeral care of the elderly should in my opinion be one of the first things on the tax take.
Old 9th November 2020, 19:50   #520
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Ridiculous state of affairs Dave, with appropriate measures in place what's the problem.

I really do despair at the total lack of common sense and humanity of it all, nobody should be left to die alone.

All the management is bothered about is any possible liability not patient welfare.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
Closed Thread