Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th November 2020, 21:53   #541
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I read that Dave,absolutely horrific. Marina being treated like a common criminal for being compassionate
Old 12th November 2020, 22:10   #542
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It's difficult to maintain a satisfactory relationship between two well meaning and caring parties when the one in control carries a big stick. When that initial relationship comes under a great strain that is impossible to get around, a generous attitude is difficult to retain.

Managers are always conscious of being penalised or even sued for heaven knows what and so err on the side of caution. It's no consolation, but it's rarely personal and they are in an unenviable position.
Old 13th November 2020, 06:31   #543
skellum
Avid contributor

MG ZT

The first available vaccine will be the one from Pfizer.
This comes with an estimate (after extensive testing) of 90% effectiveness.
Unfortunately it requires ultra-cold storage, and once thawed and reconstituted with saline has a limited life. This, plus short supply, means the initial invitations to be vaccinated will be highly targeted at those most at risk from
Covid. The very old, those with existing respiratory disease or immunocompromised.
There is evidence that the immunity produced is short-term, perhaps months.
However, even so, if this vaccine protects the most vulnerable now it buys them time until an easier to use and longer lasting product comes on stream. There are 4 other products close to release.
Comparison with Thalidomide, which I'm seeing more of, is really irrelevant. Thalidomide was a product know to have risks yet still released to market. It was very much a story of greed and corruption, rather than any failing of science. Thalidomide is now licensed for other uses. very simply, horses for courses.
The general trend to 'doubt' or be suspicious of vaccines was, sadly, fuelled by a corrupt doctor and greedy ambulance-chasers:
https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-prac...-in-mmr-scare/

If my 85 year old parents are offered the vaccine I will be urging them to take it. We have long passed the point where there should be any pretence we can 'eliminate' Covid 19. Our aim should be to live with it in a manged fashion, just as we live with influenza, measles, hepatitis, and other infectious diseases. Vaccination is simply a step towards that.
Old 13th November 2020, 15:32   #544
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

About 66million population- not all to be "jabbed" but the figures are a bit daunting are they not? Not sure if I favour any of the head of the queue suggestions, maybe alphabetical would be as fair as any? Im an "S" Chris.S.
Old 13th November 2020, 17:37   #545
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Inline guinea pigs.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
About 66million population- not all to be "jabbed" but the figures are a bit daunting are they not? Not sure if I favour any of the head of the queue suggestions, maybe alphabetical would be as fair as any? Im an "S" Chris.S.
Hi Chris.
maybe it could be given out by date of birth, with proof by birth certificate, injection given at your doctors whom i would like to think we all have one or under one at least, also most doctors should have a least one in house nurse whom is qualified to administer an injection into the arm or leg.

It would also help the government have another way of tracking us all, if they do not have enough ways already.

They could send out a letter to each person whom could ring in and opt out if they so wished, even more data for them as when you ring in you would have to give your name address & date of birth, which should be on the computer cross by your name if you opt out, tick by your name if you agree to be one of the nations first in line guinea pigs “one subjected to an experiment,” that new ideas or methods are tested on.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 16th November 2020, 17:02   #546
mbev51
Banned

Removed

He won’t be missed!
Old 16th November 2020, 17:31   #547
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Why self isolate ?? He's already had it and she has been infected elsewhere.
Re--being face to face.--Recently, on TV, they have been showing a way that relatives can meet old folk in nursing homes.A plastic screen across the middle of the room. The people can be as close as they would normally be if the virus was not about.
Do the folk about Boris not have the wit and wisdom to do this for Boris when he needs to speak to somebody ???
I guess not.-------Helper to Mr BJ.--Go stand in the corner and put this pointy hat on.
Old 16th November 2020, 21:32   #548
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Just thinking.------------If a vaccine is found that works OK and they start the treatment in the spring next year------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the sake of argument let's say they treat 100,000 people a DAY.--Sounds a lot doesn't it ?? At that rate to treat the whole population of around 60,000,000 it will take at least 600 days.-----Getting on for TWO years if all goes well.
Please feel free to pick as many holes in my arguments as possible. I need someone to tell me it will be much faster than that.----HELP.
Old 16th November 2020, 22:09   #549
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

At least 20% of the population are under sixteen years of age. Of the remainder 15 to 20% would not take up the vaccine. That would leave about 42.9 million. About ten percent would be considered essential/vulnerable, the numbers are massive.
Old 17th November 2020, 10:16   #550
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Some might find this of interest.....I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOobpwC7oM
Closed Thread