wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
Some might find this of interest.....I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOobpwC7oM
Having worked in the financial sector for some 25 years I can confirm my belief that everything he says about the financial establishment is factual.

That is not necessarily the same as saying he will not be exactly the same if he promotes the sales of actual financial products.

I came to the conclusion quite early on that even under regulatory control those regulations deliberately contained inherent wriggle room that pretty much ensured business as almost usual. The old adage is still true: Let the buyer beware.
Old 17th November 2020, 13:21   #552
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Having worked in the financial sector for some 25 years I can confirm my belief that everything he says about the financial establishment is factual.

That is not necessarily the same as saying he will not be exactly the same if he promotes the sales of actual financial products.

I came to the conclusion quite early on that even under regulatory control those regulations deliberately contained inherent wriggle room that pretty much ensured business as almost usual. The old adage is still true: Let the buyer beware.

A little bit confused by the comments
Old 17th November 2020, 13:56   #553
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

This has never been about a disease.
It is about control. It is about breaking the current order, and re-setting a new lower standard. And about getting people there without rioting.
If you want a glimpse of what is in store, read Klaus Schwab WEF, listen to Bill Gates and read up on the Russian federation under Stalin and the cultural revolution in China under Mao.
The Marxists killed over 100 million during that period.
If you think it can't be done, better think again.
It has happened countless times in history.

And it is about to happen right in front of our eyes!
Old 17th November 2020, 15:04   #554
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Happy to explain if required. Which comments?
Old 17th November 2020, 17:27   #555
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:

That's most odd! I have just clicked the lead you gave and got Hartley-Brewer. Before, I got Nigel Farage talking about his new venture! Weird.
Old 17th November 2020, 17:45   #556
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Just thinking.------------If a vaccine is found that works OK and they start the treatment in the spring next year------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the sake of argument let's say they treat 100,000 people a DAY.--Sounds a lot doesn't it ?? At that rate to treat the whole population of around 60,000,000 it will take at least 600 days.-----Getting on for TWO years if all goes well.

Please feel free to pick as many holes in my arguments as possible. I need someone to tell me it will be much faster than that.----HELP.
By the time the vaccine is available to the general public the country's economy will be dead. The catering,wedding,hospitality and coaching industries will cease to exist,along with the holiday companies.
Old 18th November 2020, 09:59   #557
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

The current lockdown has meant some businesses being given a £3000 grant, for most this won't cover anywhere near their outgoings for the month they have been forced to keep their doors closed.

And if you think for one minute the current financial destruction of the economy is in any way comparable the the "blip" in 2008, you are living in cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid.

RPWC has not been pessimistic, take it from someone makes their living in the businesses affected by the restrictions being imposed upon them, that the reality is not many will survive, how far for example do you imagine a grant of £3000 goes toward making the payments on a fleet of ten luxury coaches I wonder?

I'd rather run the gauntlet of contracting coronavirus, than exist the in the fashion we are being asked to do so in the current world.

Alf
Old 18th November 2020, 10:35   #558
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Well, here's the latest 'toe in the water' testing of public opinion before actually making policy.

The Mirror (doubtless a reputable rag, lol) now suggesting that a lockdown break (of sorts) is to be proposed.

"Proposals reportedly being considered by the Government would offer a respite from the strict lockdown restrictions which stop people from different households mixing in most parts of the UK"

I've long since given up following the daily flip-flop of promise, break promise, leaks, suggestions, tabloid headlines made policy, and un-elected policymakers pulling the strings. But did come across this (no, I'm not a mirror reader - or an any newspaper reader).

It's another confirmation that the currently elected (thanks citizens) gov't doesn't know it's [backside] from it's elbow. Not only were we 'sold' on a one month lockdown. That has obviously slipped to lockdown by another name come December. But even then, deciding that a lockdown is necessary, the govt decides to poke a whacking great hole in their own plan.

[NAUGHTY WORD] CLOWNS.

Still perhaps that'll mean more multi-million pound contracts with guaranteed payments regardless of actual delivery to old school chums and sycophants.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 18th November 2020, 11:05   #559
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Some might find this of interest.....I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOobpwC7oM
It is a very interesting clip and well worth listening to. However, the problem with the number of media outlets now is it's becoming like the Tower of Babel. So much noise everywhere that it becomes confusing and unhelpful and communication fails. Professor Brook may be right, but if he is, it's disturbing that what he's saying is the polar opposite of what the government has been telling us. If we're going to be battered every day by statistics and factoids, one hopes they are really well scrutinised and are correct. At the moment I feel like we have 'lies, damned lies and statistics', and it's beginning to sound like 'blah,blah blah'. Now we're informed the true death rate from Covid is over 70000 and not 50000. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54976362
Just depends on how you interpret the figures. Apparently Vietnam has reported zero deaths from Covid. Can anyone explain that to me, or am I making the endemic mistake of just believing and repeating someone else's unverified factoid? Everyone seems to have different hymn sheets. No wonder the conspiracy theorists are having a field day.
Old 18th November 2020, 11:25   #560
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

You are not alone. It's the same old story, those that know the truth do not comment because they know they will be ridiculed and anyway it's a fast moving thing.

Those that do comment with nothing to add but blind hope are largely following a favoured source. This because they trust that source despite the obvious bluster in the drive to become a source themselves. There is no commentator that knows the facts, just those that are convinced they must be right.