Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th November 2020, 18:02   #281
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Kudos to you Wes for posting about this and raising awareness that men really should not ignore for whatever reason a problem with their wellbeing regardless of the area of anatomy. Women tend to deal with these types of things better than men and courtesy of the hand dealt to them by nature I think that they may have in the main more of the like to deal with. Even hair loss does not escape many of them.

We are all sometimes better off without some of our bits when they become troublesome be they tonsils, appendix or whatever other bodily part be we men or women. Hopefully the procedure will end your suffering Wes and whenever I've faced adversity I've always reminded myself that no matter what ... someone somewhere will always be worse off. Good luck and best wishes.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 18:12   #282
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Update on this, I've just had the call, I'm booked in next week for surgery, Orchidectomy it is then. If this doesn't work, then I don't know what's going to happen.

I was at the hospital 7 weeks ago having a pulse radio-frequency nerve ablation to the ilioinguinal nerve. They sent electric pulses down the nerve and heated the nerve to 42 degrees, but sadly it didn't work, it actually left me in worst pain.

They say having a testicle removed is a walk in the park, it's no big deal, but then I read about how losing one nut can have a massive impact on a guy emotionally. I know when I had the varicocelectomy back in June, I couldn't walk for 3 days, and I ended up back in hospital for a week on morphine, I really don't fancy going through that again.

I've been keeping myself busy these past few months knowing that this day would arrive, and now it's here I'm sh**ing myself. If anyone has some words of encouragement they wish to share, I would be ever so grateful.

Cheers everyone.
So sorry to read your post Wes. If they are going to remove the offending object then I hope for your sake the pain will be removed with it.

Like the other forum members I wish for the best outcome for you.

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 18:48   #283
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Kudos to you Wes for posting about this and raising awareness that men really should not ignore for whatever reason a problem with their wellbeing regardless of the area of anatomy. Women tend to deal with these types of things better than men and courtesy of the hand dealt to them by nature I think that they may have in the main more of the like to deal with. Even hair loss does not escape many of them.

We are all sometimes better off without some of our bits when they become troublesome be they tonsils, appendix or whatever other bodily part be we men or women. Hopefully the procedure will end your suffering Wes and whenever I've faced adversity I've always reminded myself that no matter what ... someone somewhere will always be worse off. Good luck and best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
So sorry to read your post Wes. If they are going to remove the offending object then I hope for your sake the pain will be removed with it.

Like the other forum members I wish for the best outcome for you.

Colvert.
Thanks very much fellas, I really appreciate the support.

I just hope I'm not out of action for too long, and that I don't start talking with a high pitched voice, or start wearing ladies clothes.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 14:53   #284
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

We are all rooting for you Wes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 18:30   #285
Dallas
This is my second home

Thanks Bob.

I'm actually thinking of pulling out, why the hell do I want my nut cut off, crazy idea.

To make the situation more of an ordeal, I've got to have a phone assessment done, and then 2 visits to the same hospital, one is a covid test and the second is a surgical assessment. The opt itself will be at a completely different hospital.

I'm sure to get the appointments in the wrong order. I may turn up at the wrong place at the right time, or the right place at the wrong time.
Old 20th November 2020, 18:45   #286
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Thanks Bob.

I'm actually thinking of pulling out, why the hell do I want my nut cut off, crazy idea.

To make the situation more of an ordeal, I've got to have a phone assessment done, and then 2 visits to the same hospital, one is a covid test and the second is a surgical assessment. The opt itself will be at a completely different hospital.

I'm sure to get the appointments in the wrong order. I may turn up at the wrong place at the right time, or the right place at the wrong time.
....................... and if that’s the case then they might remove the wrong part of you.

You’ve come this far, so no backing out now. We are here if you want to chat. You have our full support mate.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 19:11   #287
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
....................... and if that’s the case then they might remove the wrong part of you.

You’ve come this far, so no backing out now. We are here if you want to chat. You have our full support mate.
Thanks Bob, you're a good friend. It's nice to know I can bug you guys with my thoughts and fears. lol

The wrong part isn't too far from the truth, I have a follow-up letter stating 'left' testicle, when in fact it's the 'right' one. I gave them a call today to make sure they have it correct, and thankfully they had it down as right. Phew

You can see why I want to pullout.
Old 20th November 2020, 19:34   #288
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I understand your fear Wes, I have a scan in a couple of weeks and I'm terrified of what they will find.
Please do not put the operation off.
They will double check with you what they are operating on and mark your body, that's what they did with me when I all but severed a finger.

We torment ourselves with our imagination and fear.

You are not alone. We are routing for you and your family

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 19:54   #289
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I understand your fear Wes, I have a scan in a couple of weeks and I'm terrified of what they will find.
Please do not put the operation off.
They will double check with you what they are operating on and mark your body, that's what they did with me when I all but severed a finger.

We torment ourselves with our imagination and fear.

You are not alone. We are routing for you and your family

macafee2
Thanks Ian, appreciate it

Good luck with your scan, hope all is well.
Old 20th November 2020, 20:24   #290
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

WOW. That's scary. You might come round to find you've got two veg and no meat.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote