Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th January 2012, 18:57   #41
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I was born a citizen of the United kingdom, and I hope to die as one. I am proud of this nation, and all the countries within it. The way that things are in the world I think we should stay as a strong and united people.

Fair point. Dont see however why we cant all be independent countrys who work together as allie's.??
Ros3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 19:00   #42
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros3 View Post
Dont see however why we cant all be independent countrys who work together as allie's.??
Wasn't that the starting point for Europe and the Euro
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 19:01   #43
Ros3
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN190 View Post
Wasn't that the starting point for Europe and the Euro

So what else would you have us do then ??..
Old 9th January 2012, 19:13   #44
ianinfrance
Gets stuck in

Triumph TR7 2.0 dhc + ford ranger XLT+ VW Passat 2.5 V6 Tdi

I get this from the Scots point of view. I just think it will be a poor do!

We are more than the sum of our parts. IMO

Anybody know why the union came about in the first place?
ianinfrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 19:17   #45
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
I think you will find that any hatred towards the English has been born out of the way England has treated Scotland for 100's of year's.
It's not how the English treated the Scottish that is the point - as always it is how those with power have treated the masses. What was done to the average Jock was done as much by the powerful Jock - just as the powerful in England did to the masses here. It was, and is, entirely done to maintain their position. This is why the current position of the SNP, stirring up hatred of the English, is just a smoke screen. If you had them controlling a fully independent country it would be a sad, sick, pathetic little country.

Just to make my views clear I would be quite happy for Scotland and Wales to be independent and Ireland to be united. I would also be in favour of England not being in the EU and having robust immigration laws that included compulsory repatriation of anyone not an English citizen by birth.

I would also like to see Hadrian's Wall rebuilt, but much higher; Offa's Dyke re-dug, deeper and with shark infested water; and while we're at it, it wouldn't harm to widen the Irish Sea and have missile batteries on the Isle of Man to pick off the coracles heading our way. It goes without saying the channel tunnel should be flooded as a matter of urgency.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 19:18   #46
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Dear god why?

There are so much more better things the money in the UK could be spent on.

I feel if it went through it will only leave a sour taste in border areas.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 19:27   #47
Ros3
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
It's not how the English treated the Scottish that is the point - as always it is how those with power have treated the masses. What was done to the average Jock was done as much by the powerful Jock - just as the powerful in England did to the masses here. It was, and is, entirely done to maintain their position. This is why the current position of the SNP, stirring up hatred of the English, is just a smoke screen. If you had them controlling a fully independent country it would be a sad, sick, pathetic little country.

Just to make my views clear I would be quite happy for Scotland and Wales to be independent and Ireland to be united. I would also be in favour of England not being in the EU and having robust immigration laws that included compulsory repatriation of anyone not an English citizen by birth.

I would also like to see Hadrian's Wall rebuilt, but much higher; Offa's Dyke re-dug, deeper and with shark infested water; and while we're at it, it wouldn't harm to widen the Irish Sea and have missile batteries on the Isle of Man to pick off the coracles heading our way. It goes without saying the channel tunnel should be flooded as a matter of urgency.
If we are a sad sick little country then why is England so desparate for us to stay part of there union. No i think the real nub of the matter is that England need's Scotland, Wales and Ireland more than we need England. I think that if as you suggest we all became independant countrys then the only sad little country in the eye's of the world would be England. It's glory day's well behind it.

Also your post once again show's the condesending atitude of the Englsh towards the Scot's. Cheer's mate your doing the S.N.P'S cause the world of good keep it up..
Old 9th January 2012, 19:29   #48
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post

You really need to get down off that fence Fred

Tommy
Old 9th January 2012, 19:52   #49
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
If we are a sad sick little country then why is England so desparate for us to stay part of there union. No i think the real nub of the matter is that England need's Scotland, Wales and Ireland more than we need England. I think that if as you suggest we all became independant countrys then the only sad little country in the eye's of the world would be England. It's glory day's well behind it.
There are two points here. The first is immortality for the Scottish politician that succeeded in getting independence for Scotland. The second is eternal infamy for the English politician that was in charge when it happened. High stakes for those concerned. For the rest of us it is rather more down to earth - will we have a job, a house and what would our standard of living be? For most people in both countries the latter is falling, but with independence it would fall even faster in Scotland. Face the facts, Scotland has nothing much beyond whisky and holidays and the weather being what it is these days your winter holiday attraction is almost non-existent.

Quote:
Also your post once again show's the condesending atitude of the Englsh towards the Scot's. Cheer's mate your doing the S.N.P'S cause the world of good keep it up..
Aye, we're all up for sending conde whenever we can.
Old 9th January 2012, 19:53   #50
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceetdm View Post
You really need to get down off that fence Fred

Tommy
Aaahh, a sense of humour.