Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2012, 08:56   #1
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Default Matching the wheel centre for refurbished Star Spoke wheels

I've recently had a set of Star Spokes refurbished ( powder coated ) and thought using this how to that I would be able to match a set of DTC000150 centres to my refurbished wheels - refurbisher did not have paint in the finish of the wheels.

Now the wheels are a chrome (power silver) version of the liquid silver and I believe they have come out fairly well.

Now after many attempts I have found that the best match is the original Liquid Silver :-) I tried using chrome paint then lacquer but as I found out chrome paints that are readily available cannot be lacquered

The three colours that I thought gave the best match are a paint called VBF which is really what I would use to match bright silver. Car Plan bright silver wheel paint then gave an acceptable match. Liquid Silver wheel centres. DTC000150MBS gave the best match.

If anyone knows how to match this chromed power sllver of the wheels to the centre caps I would be grateful for the info.

Now this is the first set of wheels I have had refurbished and I have found a few dust particles on each (less than 1mm) wheel - is this to be expected?

Tommy :-)