Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd January 2013, 10:31   #1
Lindopski
Regular poster

Rover 75 Classic CDT

Default Gunsun Eezibleed and clutch

Hello gang
changing gear in my CDT was a bitch from day1, the chap I bought her from told me that he had bought a master cylinder recently and had it fitted for £156, well he actually said a master slave cylinder though the two are seperate items so I assumed master as it was so cheap.

I bought myself a gunsun eezibleed but none of the caps fit perfect on the master cylinder filling cap under the dash (what a pig to get to whose bright idea was that?) and whilst bleeding I was struggling to hold the cap in place whilst the pressure was on and I think air may have got in there again.
The clutch was beautiful for about a fortnight (if that) and then went difficult again.

Its a right blooming setup isnt it on these, I wish I had bought an Auto now.

Anyway, have any of you used this method and had any success ?

This car has been battered for its whole life before it came to me in December and I am trying to give it some TLC but not go to mad as its done almost 180k and I am considering getting shut for a better one when funds permit.
Lindopski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:41   #2
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

I've used the eezibleed system and it worked perfectly for me. There is a cap that fits with the kit. You must make sure that you don't cross thread the cap and that it seals properly on the clutch reservoir - as i remember the first time I did it was quite difficult as there not much room around the cap. What I did was make sure the thread started correctly then just pushed the cap round with a large screwdriver.

I've done the clutch bleed a few times - not because there was any thing wrong, but to make sure the fluid shows no signs of discolouration or bits of rubber from the master seal appearing, as has been reported on this forum.

Tommy :-)