Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th October 2020, 18:58   #1
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Default Anyone recognise this car!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303711626005

My friend has just acquired it and it has had a life of luxury it seems. Absolutely lovely car. Very highly maintained and the paintwork is ‘as new’ which is impressive for an 18 year old car.
Even Lates has been under the bonnet at some point so i wondered if it was a members car in the past.
Had a lot of work done in Cambridge area before it took a 4 year holiday in the Yorkshire pastures.
Now it comes back to Cambridgeshire (Chatteris) for continued pampering and will be a weekend gentleman’s carriage!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2020, 19:04   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Looks nice, what is the container on the bulkhead where the traction actuator normally sits?
Old 18th October 2020, 19:12   #3
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

It’s an oil catch tank.
I had one on my auto V6 to regulate the amount of oil in the manifold.

This one being a manual 190 goes like stink, So it must be be doing a good job.
It also has had new VIS motors fitted so perhaps this was added as a precaution.

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Old 18th October 2020, 19:17   #4
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Ahh,,, you mean the white object that looked like a brake fluid cylinder!! Didn’t spot that yesterday,, will enquire on collection. Maybe its a re positioned clutch fluid master feeder.

Old 18th October 2020, 22:20   #5
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Yes looks like it could be. Saves scrabbling around under the dash.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2020, 05:34   #6
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I must keep a look out for this one! I'mm in Chatteris as well, been with R75 since 2007, doing 99.9% of my own work on it.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2020, 10:27   #7
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
I must keep a look out for this one! I'mm in Chatteris as well, been with R75 since 2007, doing 99.9% of my own work on it.
You may know George James from Station St, he had an ignition blue ZT that was in a ‘head on’ on isle of Ely way in Feb 19. He has never lost the bug so now he is like a dog with two prverbials!!
I sold his brother my ZT Spectre! This is sadly in a local workshop awaiting a paint job and some technical work after ‘slipping’ into a ditch.

Old 19th October 2020, 10:30   #8
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Yes looks like it could be. Saves scrabbling around under the dash.
Yes the seller is a life long petrol head and has a lovely SD1 Vitesse, a Rover 820 fastback and several other beauties. All in exhibition condition!! A true British gentleman!!

Old 19th October 2020, 12:34   #9
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
You may know George James from Station St, he had an ignition blue ZT that was in a ‘head on’ on isle of Ely way in Feb 19. He has never lost the bug so now he is like a dog with two prverbials!!
I sold his brother my ZT Spectre! This is sadly in a local workshop awaiting a paint job and some technical work after ‘slipping’ into a ditch.
Pretty certain I do know him - just! Sounds like the guy who came round to see me when I was stripping one out the front, he had a couple of chrome strips off the sills. Glad he is ok.
Incidentally, if it is any help, IF (and it has to be a big IF for me) I need a garage to help, I use Ivan in the High St. Very fair, good work, and not expensive. My Grandrd taught me about cars, he was in the trade from pre-war, and I have an inherent distrust of garages. It was Ivan that recommended Cawthorne Neil of March for my sill repair, they were good.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2020, 13:59   #10
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Ha ha!! You may be surprised to know that I too use Ivan.
He changed my complete front suspension for me last December and now I drive the 50 miles from Bletchley to him for my MOTs!!! Top garage with honest work ethics and sensible fees! Shhh don’t tell everyone otherwise we will out numbered.

George will be moving all being well to Eden Cres at some point. I’m sure you will see him about. He goes to Eastwood regularly too. Pop by Station st if you can as he will love the camaraderie.