Old 19th November 2020, 18:29   #1
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts
Default Is he the biggest D###!

In the world As a watch collector, I believe his arrogance knows no bounds
https://expressinformer.com/lewis-ha...amilton-brand/

Last edited by suzublu; 19th November 2020 at 19:01..
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 19:21   #2
cat
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Is that real?? I knew he was a ?@#*!! but really??
anyway a D### is useful and I cannot say what I think of him because I'll probably upset someone.
cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 19:28   #3
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I wonder if that is "false news"?? isnt swatch owned by mercedes (or used to be)/ Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 20:06   #4
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Also reported in the Mail and others...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-brand.html

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-le...y-watchmakers/

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 20:16   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
I wonder if that is "false news"?? isnt swatch owned by mercedes (or used to be)/ Chris S.
I think it is true, however, it is blown out of proportion. The costs awarded to Swatch, were £893 towards their legal fees. Seriously? Reading between the lines, what I reckon happened, Lewis's company were wanting to bring a range of merchandise or create a label around LH. To do this, and to protect the brand, companies have to lodge trademark papers. One of which would have been for watches, I am sure. Swatch would have objected, and arbitration counsel would have looked over the papers and rejected the trademarking.

This trademarking would only apply to products that could be confused with something else. LH could released quite safely, a range of trousers for instance with the Hamilton name. If they completed their paperwork correctly, an individual could not then design/create a pair of trousers and label them Hamilton.

He could also trademark his name for use on a car. So any manufacturer, or a new manufacturer started by James Hamilton, could not come along and produce a car with that name. Look up the car Ford T5 . However, if LH did not produce a car, and James Hamilton did, James Hamilton would have a strong argument for his case.

If James Hamilton created a PC and called it the Hamilton, he could do this, providing LH had not trademarked the name for use on a PC or another electronic product that could be construed by the public as a computer.

A recent case from a couple of years ago I think demonstrates it well. Singhsburys. A corner supermarket copying the Sainsburys style of logo, could be misconstrued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
isnt swatch owned by mercedes (or used to be)/ Chris S.
no, between them, they designed the Smart range of cars (Swatch Mercedes ART , or something like that) . Not sure what the standing is now - I had thought Mercedes took control over the automotive section around the time the For Four was released, but I may be wrong on that.

I would bet that LH would have been unaware of all of this, and his company's lawyers were simply conducting a paperwork exercise, and it has not gone beyond the first stages. It was not a massive court case or a case of a big conglomerate trying to crush a small fish. So more like a tabloid trying to sensationalise a story.

And no, I cannot stand Lewis Hamilton. He deserved to win the championship this year, and his capability on a race weekend is currently without peer - no other driver has the equipment and ability to take a fight to him, Bottas does, but not the ability since he will be hamstrung by Mercedes. I would question his ability to develop the car. (question his claim of Britishness too, but that is another matter lol). He is a wannabe american, and an Instadreamer.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 19th November 2020 at 20:23..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 20:47   #6
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Agree with most of the last post but would not go so far as "He deserved to win the championship this year, and his capability on a race weekend is currently without peer." Toto at Merc promised the diva the best car if he renewed his contract with Merc at the end of this season, says it all really as the car is always designed around the number 1 driver ... no need to ask the number 2 re this. Lol! Charles Leclerc I think would offer some much needed competition too if given the right resources.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 21:16   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Agree with most of the last post but would not go so far as "He deserved to win the championship this year, and his capability on a race weekend is currently without peer." Toto at Merc promised the diva the best car if he renewed his contract with Merc at the end of this season, says it all really as the car is always designed around the number 1 driver ... no need to ask the number 2 re this. Lol! Charles Leclerc I think would offer some much needed competition too if given the right resources.
Schumacher did it, Alonso did it at Renault, tried and failed at McLaren. If a driver can do this, whilst I do not agree, then more power to them. But it was thanks to Button, Barrichello, Heidfeld, and particularly Rosberg, that the car was where it was when Hamilton came along. Drivers nowadays do not seem to develop the car the way they used to in the past. This is why I do not think Hamilton is one of the greats (he also has wobbles when things are not going his way on the track lol).

Think of it this way too, Ferrari could have won the 1999 driver's championship, their first since Scheckter. How would it look if the driver who won it, was getting paid about 10% of the number 1 driver, even if they were out for part of the season?

Bottas, is toeing the line, for sure, hence his apparent lack of ability. And like Irvine in '99 once said it is better to be a Ferrari (Mercedes) no.2 driver than a number 1 at almost any other team, especially when they are nowhere near in performance. Irvine I am sure, would add that he got paid handsomely for it too lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 21:43   #8
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Bet he would be a good companion for Meghan’s club of hard done by victims.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 08:17   #9
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Well this has quickly developed into yet another bash Hamilton thread!

Can’t we all agree to differ, and change the subject?
Old 20th November 2020, 09:29   #10
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
Well this has quickly developed into yet another bash Hamilton thread! Can’t we all agree to differ, and change the subject?
Another recent thread supposedly about F1 was quickly turned into the diva's appreciation thread with more than a bit of baiting for a bun fight, lol. I didn't take the bait on that thread and I won't be doing so on this thread. Sorry, but yes ... EVERYONE needs to learn to agree to differ and accept that while everyone is entitled to an opinion NO-ONE is obliged to share it.

Your opening sentence conflicts with the thread title.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote