Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th August 2011, 02:22   #1
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Default Roewe bumper fitted

After a mamoth undertaking by Sean (Radioguy) Roewe 750 parts arrived to test fit.
Roewe bumper
Unpainted,

Air ducts push in from the front, secured by barbed plastic blades that are part of the air ducts.

Combined fog/indicator light units (Note the projector type fogs)

Can be either fixed to the mounts with captive screws

Or my prefered method, brass nuts & bolts, bit fiddly but hey ho.
Note the indicator bulb holder is different to MkI & MkII, the plug socket is also different meaning MkI & MkII loom plug will not fit either.

As you can see

No problem to me tommy! hey presto, roewe indicator bulb holders

Lower side grilles.

These are held in place by 4 plastic pins that protrude through the 4 holes in the grille. They can be held in place by either a hot iron, malting the plastic pin to the grille. I prefered a epoxy adhesive.

Main grille.

Secured to the bumper by 2 bolts at the top, and 13 suitable pan head screws. Start at the top working your way down the sides, pushing the grille towards the bumper ans you work your way down the grille, as the grille is a little less convex than the front of the bumper, but flexes ok.

Assembled

Bumper bolts direct to the slam panel.

Fitting is straight forward, the undertraty meets up with the bumper precisely. and the wheelarch liners meet up with the bumper nicely also.

sprayed

Paintwork by Cannock Resprays

How is this for a shutline

Sean (Radioguy) Has undertaken a mamoth, arduous, and expensive task sourcing all the parts, and a shipping method to the UK.

Sean has the only one available at the moment up for sale on eBay, to give everyone a fair chance of owning the first one for ssle in the UK (or anywhere else as far as i know)

Contact Sean for shipment ETA, all the hard work has been done,

Last edited by Devilish; 26th August 2011 at 02:29..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 04:04   #2
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

I must say that looks very impresive
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 04:42   #3
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Looks good Apart from the Roewe badge on the grille
Johnny the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 06:12   #4
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quite frankly an awesome edition for any mk2 owner. I must admit, id be tempted to do it to the zt as it needs a front respray. Final kit costs will be what its all about.

Again well done to sean, he has done so much for the forum, we should ship him a 75 to canada!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 06:29   #5
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Superb mod and i for one like the badge!
This is going on my wish list

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 07:16   #6
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

great pics Steve with the usual how to built in, twas a great day yesterday and I can tell anyone who is a bit unsure about the Roewe badge that it looks superb in the flesh as does the whole bumper look absolutely awesome !

I have just fitted a premium bumper on mine but am now seriously considering fitting one of these instead, the top of the chrome grille is a lot thicker than the premium and as Steve mentioned you cant see the join !

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 07:24   #7
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Looks stunning - really good end result
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 07:37   #8
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
After a mamoth undertaking by Sean (Radioguy) Roewe 750 parts arrived to test fit.
Roewe bumper
Unpainted,

Air ducts push in from the front, secured by barbed plastic blades that are part of the air ducts.

Combined fog/indicator light units (Note the projector type fogs)

Can be either fixed to the mounts with captive screws

Or my prefered method, brass nuts & bolts, bit fiddly but hey ho.
Note the indicator bulb holder is different to MkI & MkII, the plug socket is also different meaning MkI & MkII loom plug will not fit either.

As you can see

No problem to me tommy! hey presto, roewe indicator bulb holders

Lower side grilles.

These are held in place by 4 plastic pins that protrude through the 4 holes in the grille. They can be held in place by either a hot iron, malting the plastic pin to the grille. I prefered a epoxy adhesive.

Main grille.

Secured to the bumper by 2 bolts at the top, and 13 suitable pan head screws. Start at the top working your way down the sides, pushing the grille towards the bumper ans you work your way down the grille, as the grille is a little less convex than the front of the bumper, but flexes ok.

Assembled

Bumper bolts direct to the slam panel.

Fitting is straight forward, the undertraty meets up with the bumper precisely. and the wheelarch liners meet up with the bumper nicely also.

sprayed

Paintwork by Cannock Resprays

How is this for a shutline

Sean (Radioguy) Has undertaken a mamoth, arduous, and expensive task sourcing all the parts, and a shipping method to the UK.

Sean has the only one available at the moment up for sale on eBay, to give everyone a fair chance of owning the first one for ssle in the UK (or anywhere else as far as i know)

Contact Sean for shipment ETA, all the hard work has been done,
Not wishing to be pedantic, but I met a guy in the south of France who had fitted one of these, and he commented that the gap around the headlights was bigger on the Chinese grille and he had also sourced the Chinese headlights to fit.

It does look from your photos that the gaps are larger. I wonder also if there are any insurance implications both of fitting a modified front end, and of using non-EU homologated lighting parts, including the foglights. Have you declared the mod to your insurers .

Last edited by Jezzer 1; 26th August 2011 at 07:40..
Jezzer 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 07:58   #9
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

2002 MG ZT 260 (007), 2003 MG ZT-T 260 SE, 2004 75 CDTI Tourer

Very impressive bit of work, Steve.
I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues. http://www9.mg-cars.org.uk/mgoc260/f...lies/smile.png

tonybubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 08:29   #10
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer 1 View Post
Not wishing to be pedantic, but I met a guy in the south of France who had fitted one of these, and he commented that the gap around the headlights was bigger on the Chinese grille and he had also sourced the Chinese headlights to fit.

It does look from your photos that the gaps are larger. I wonder also if there are any insurance implications both of fitting a modified front end, and of using non-EU homologated lighting parts, including the foglights. Have you declared the mod to your insurers .
No. The average fibreglass bumper offers no protection, so a replacement abs plastic wont be an issue.

Stick a rover 75 badge on it and who would know, its simply a chinese spec replacement oem premium grill bumper.

Tell them that and its truthful and honest. Its like the mgb guys changing from rubber to chrome bumpers!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote