Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th January 2022, 09:19   #1
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Cool Rover leaking woes

Thought I would just update everyone on the way I have been feeling towards my 19 year old. I set about finding the leaks that have created 2 swimming pools in the front passenger and drivers footwells. I've had the experience of fixing the passenger side once before, but the drivers side is a complete pain. Anyway I have now accessed the offending sunroof drain pipe held in place by a 2inch piece of decayed white tape from the Rover factory! It was OK until last November at least, so it had done a good job in 19 years I suppose.
Today I set about Arctic's repair with Halfords 16mm hose connectors. I rodded the existing drain pipes yesterday and cleared any debris in the two sections of pipe leading to the front wheel arch. This episode together with my exhaust falling off in the first week of 2022 did make me wonder whether the final day had come! having slept on it I decided I'm not going to be beaten. After all I've had the car since new and I know every nut and bolt! Here's to another year of happy Rovering!
As for the saturated carpets that's another story! I'm not embarking on a complete removal. This will be cured by old towels to soak the excess water up and a de-humidifier positioned inside the rear with doors closed inside the garage for a week or so.

Last edited by robbrooks; 5th January 2022 at 09:31..
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2022, 09:57   #2
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

A wet/dry vacuum cleaner will remove water quite fast from your carpets. Not to "dry" but a good start in that direction.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2022, 15:02   #3
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Default Help to avoid the demise of a 75

Is there anyone in the Leeds area that has tackled the sunroof drain - drivers side? I am getting quite desperate with the mod. I can't access the pipe, (to secure a good water tight fix ) that goes through the bulk head to the offside front wheel arch. Nothing worse than a smelly wet interior. Winter is always a pain for anything like this! It could be the last straw that broke the camels back! I am willing to drive and bring the car to a good reliable Rover 75 enthusiast who has the capability to fix! It may be a case of blocking the drivers drain on the sunroof itself, at least until summer when its drier and warmer.

Last edited by robbrooks; 5th January 2022 at 15:20..
Old 5th January 2022, 18:28   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Rob. Put into the ‘search’ box at the top of the page between,New Posts and Quick Links:- Sun Roof Drains. It is a post by Steve (Artic). It explains exactly what to do. It is the fourth post down I think. Best of luck, and Happy New Year.
Old 5th January 2022, 19:07   #5
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Hello Dave
I've seen the details of the mod by Artic and have followed, but having difficulty completing the job. It's such a difficult and confined space for working in. You need extremely small hands and a small body!
Old 7th January 2022, 11:22   #6
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Rob. I know it’s no help at the moment, but it’s a pity we are not still having our Nano Meets. If you didn’t mind the trip down, a private message to Artic (Steve) might be of help to you.