Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th April 2008, 08:10   #1
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Location: Sipping fine port in a drawing room in Sleaford, Lincs.
Default Lazy Door Locks

I got the garage I bought my ZT-T from to reset one of the central locking preferences when it went back for some warranty work a few months ago; ie I got them to set the locking so that one 'blip' opens all the doors, not just the drivers'.

However it's now got to the point where both off-side doors occasionally (but more often than not) fail to unlock on the first pass. Could it be that the locks need a bit of a lube? I plan to give the car a bit of a pamper when I fit my new stereo and since I have a mate who is quite handy with the spanners coming to help I was wondering if we could tackle this lock niggle while we're at it? How do I lube the central locking?

Last edited by Per Ardua; 9th April 2008 at 08:39..
Per Ardua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 18:47   #2
tony g
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Ardua View Post
I got the garage I bought my ZT-T from to reset one of the central locking preferences when it went back for some warranty work a few months ago; ie I got them to set the locking so that one 'blip' opens all the doors, not just the drivers'.

However it's now got to the point where both off-side doors occasionally (but more often than not) fail to unlock on the first pass. Could it be that the locks need a bit of a lube? I plan to give the car a bit of a pamper when I fit my new stereo and since I have a mate who is quite handy with the spanners coming to help I was wondering if we could tackle this lock niggle while we're at it? How do I lube the central locking?
its worth a go,my front passenger door does it a lot !!!! will get round to lubing it
one day
tony g is offline   Reply With Quote