Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th December 2020, 14:25   #1
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Default Highline intermittent cutting out/unresponsive?

I have had couple of occasions recently where my highline has been playing about and I'm suspecting the sat nav module is throwing a wobbly, but would appreciate people's thoughts.

Today whilst driving, the radio suddenly stopped working - screen still worked but, I tried selecting CD and although I got the menu no CDs played, although I could hear the auto-changer select. Sat nav still appeared to work.

I have noticed some other odd behaviour as well. During the hot weather, a few times the Sat nav refused to work - it came up with 'please wait' but when cooled down it seemed ok, so I suspect the heat was affecting it (it's a Mk4 DVD), I also had it where either it didn't want to power down or power back up but this was on one of the hottest days of the year.

Something else I've noticed it that often when I switch the ignition on, the screen displays the menu straight away rather than going through the start up splash screen, so again leads me to suspect the drive.

I do have another Mk4 drive as a spare, but this is from a BMW M3 with a BMW splash screen that I can try to prove, my current drive has a custom MG start up screen so if this is proved faulty, is it possible for this to be repaired but still retain this?
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 23:55   #2
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hello Kelvo
the spare mk 4 dvd unit that you have with the BMW splash screen you can change the splash screen and have the MG logo installed you can download the software to do it yourself you will need gtk runtime software and navtweek and a iso software search on the forum of how to change the splash screen will also need bmw v32.2 or bmw v32.2 custom
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote