Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Freebies Bazaar
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th May 2021, 10:08   #1
steveharvey2001
Loves to post

Mini Cooper SE

Default Mk2 Grey 75 tourer, no runner with long MOT

After 13 years of ownership, and a third clutch slave failure, I have decided to part company with my tempest Grey 04 reg (facelift) Rover 75 tourer as I can no longer justify the driveway space for a car that I am hardly using any more.

The bad news is that I made an unsuccessful attempt at the part subframe lowering technique of changing the clutch single handed and lost patience with the job. The gearbox is now out but still resting of the subframe which has been bolted back up so that I could get the wheels up and the steering rack re-attached.

For the sake of family harmony, I have agreed to let the car go FREE to a club member who may want it for a project, so it is available for any club member who can get here with a low loader, trailer etc.

The car is located in Worcester WR5.

I would not recommend towing with the front wheels on the road as it has too many suspension parts still loose.

All removed parts are in the luggage space including battery, Fuel filter, gearbox mounting, EGR, o/s drive shaft

Although it has over 300,000 miles on the clock , it has passed the last 2 MOTs first time and the most recent time they told me that it was in 'really good condition' for its age although there was a minor steering fluid leak advisory.

Prior to lock-down, I was doing over 15,000 miles per year and had not broken down other than clutch hydraulics. (The master was replaced in 2018). up until the slave failed this time, I had been very confident in driving it long distances.

The car has a tow-bar with working electrics and has a Sony CD/Radio with USB and bluetooth.

As I have been a club member for 13 years, It has had most of the well-known tweaks and workarounds applied to it over the years including spy-hole, gold resistor, handbrake compensator, MAFAM etc.

Apart from the high mileage, the bad bits on the car are:

Rear tailgate gas strut mount failed on one side.
Trip computer button not working.
Rattly front door cards

I had noted rust on the front subframe, so anyone planning to repair the car, would probably be best to remove the front subframe entirely and clean it up and re-paint whilst giving more space for gearbox access.

I also have a few parts that I bought but not yet fitted, including a diesel filter and a rear spring.

I also have a Haynes manual.

I have a full set of clutch parts - with slave - which I will sell on eBay but will take £100 for it from anyone collecting the car.

My only stipulation is that the car is collected by 31st May (bank holiday monday)

Please message me via the forum.

I would recommend a complete subframe removal to anyone doing a DIY clutch change. The half drop method is a nightmare for single handed work.

Now taken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210524-202441_Gallery.jpg (141.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_25052021_182054_(1500_x_844_pixel).jpg (143.5 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by steveharvey2001; 2nd June 2021 at 18:22.. Reason: Change of deadline
steveharvey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2021, 22:11   #2
Knowlesey145

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi, did you find a good home for this?
Knowlesey145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2021, 12:34   #3
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hello steve
is the rover 75 tourer still available i am more than interested