Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2022, 10:41   #111
Norfolk Ninja
Avid contributor

Landrover Freelander 1

Default East Kirkby

This is a great event and we should all be grateful to Dave for organising it. Where else can you see 75s, MGs and a Lancaster bomber. And have ice cream for breakfast which you have to do according to my granddaughter!
Let's make this an annual event and an official national meet.
Old 24th February 2022, 10:54   #112
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I’m the only member of the Green Team that is retired. The rest all have full time jobs. I know this is no excuse. But I have offered to help with the National as and when it happens.

Roverfest is on for August.

As it has been said before you don’t need to be a member of the green team or the area Regional Secretary to put a meet together. A huge thank you to Dave for putting the East Kirby meets together. I have been to a few over the years, and I hope to be able attend the next one with the Yellow One.

As you may remember that Ian G. Offered his services to check out venues for the National meets, and he did find some cracking places. But Ian stepped down and it was back to Paul to do it. Maybe we need someone else to check out venues for the club. To liaise with the venue and the club.
I’ll have a word with upstairs to see if it might be a good idea.

Our new Regional Secretary, Ratty, was hoping to get meets up and running this year in the Southwest but following on from his heart attack at Xmas he has had to take it easy. So I’m helping out as best I can.

onen hag oll
Old 24th February 2022, 12:50   #113
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

But if an ordinary member of the OC organises a meet is it an official meet with the backing of the OC?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 24th February 2022, 13:58   #114
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
But if an ordinary member of the OC organises a meet is it an official meet with the backing of the OC?

Think you have to be anointed to to that
Old 24th February 2022, 14:00   #115
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:

In a word Roy no but some of my best meets have been organised by myself or with the help of a couple of other members with no input from the OC green team..A bit like Daves East Kirkby meets.

Last edited by Ian G; 24th February 2022 at 14:07..
Old 24th February 2022, 14:12   #116
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:

Any member of the OC can organize a meet, but if not organised by the OC then would not as I understand it be covered by the OC's Public Liability Insurance, so would in effect not be classed as an official OC authorized event.

I agree wholeheartedly the East Kirkby Event is a fantastic show & one that really merits becoming an annual event in it's own right, we attended last years event for the first time & can thoroughly recommend this show to all, a really fantastic day out, culminating for us in what you see in my Sig Pic below, very kindly arranged by Dave Lincs for us through The Lincolnshire Aviation Club, many thanks Dave much appreciated.

Regarding annual events, many of you may know, we have held The Anglo-Scottish Meet at Gretna Annually in it's own right run by various RS's & Members of the OC since 2010, all have been exceptionally well attended over the years, before being unfortunately curtailed because of the pandemic.

The last event we held there was in 2019 incidentally this was arranged to be a club National event held through the OC, I may be mistaken was this the last National meet held by the OC before the pandemic curtailed everything, incidentally to all that may be interested, we are hoping the event may be resurrected again this year fingers crossed.

Regards..... John.

Last edited by Bluejon; 24th February 2022 at 17:39.. Reason: word change;
Old 24th February 2022, 16:36   #117
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

So we don't need the OC then.

Old 24th February 2022, 17:13   #118
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
So we don't need the OC then.
No unless you want or need PLI, a banner, a club shop or a raffle just carry on with the meet as it is now.. If it ain't broke it don't need fixing

Last edited by Ian G; 24th February 2022 at 17:18..
Old 24th February 2022, 17:56   #119
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I think a lot of members are frustrated at the lack of National meets happening, yes I know we had a pandemic, but other car clubs managed to have some meets towards the end of last year.

We should, as a club be making more of an effort to have some National meets throughout the year not leaving it until late summer.

If it carries on as it is, members will just stop bothering with the OC and drift off to Facebook etc, let’s just see how many cars turn up at POL from the Facebook groups compared to our club, this will be a good indicator as to the state of things!
Old 24th February 2022, 20:45   #120
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

The members make the club, not the other way round, It's always been that way. Without owners turning up to meets whether official or otherwise, there'd be no point Anyway, not getting into this..........again
Closed Thread