Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd August 2022, 14:28   #21
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

One thing's for certain, you'll never see a poor financial advisor.

Before I retired I spoke to several IFAs. All had nice cars and nice offices. None of 'em ended up with my pot though.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:37   #22
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. I confess Gary, I was one. For 25 years at various levels. And of course you are right. Poor as a church mouse. Retired, fully, at 50 with a pension that exceeded my then income and with guarantees that me and mine will never want again. It’s now been a longer retirement than was the job that paid for it. Celia says they were glad to see the back of me. As usual.

It was the wild, wild women, Rock ‘n Roll (playing in various dens of ill repute), and the whisky and fine wines - plus the complete disregard for the lesser and sensible things in life. Oh, I nearly forgot, plus taking my own advice.

Mind you since then, my own businesses of antique trading and later with teaching of stained glass design and techniques from large showrooms has had a significant effect on my fortunes. My work has found its way to an officer's mess in the British army (Royal Signals), a hospital and two schools. Four of my students went on to form their own businesses – my proudest time.
Not bad for a skint scouser who went to school with cut up Kelloggs packets in his shoes to soak up the wet when it rained. I kid you not!
Old 4th August 2022, 12:45   #23
Mick Brownhill
Regional Secretary, Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire

75 Saloon

Default Energy prices

I read recently that the 25% tax levied on energy companies do not kick in until 2023. So all the profits made are not subject to the new tax windfall. No doubt the price of petrol/diesel will drop and less profit made so less tax paid.
Mick Brownhill is offline   Reply With Quote