Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd August 2022, 13:24   #41
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Whoever owns the marque plays the tune, They are indeed MG's which says so on the car, in the car & on the EVSE that came with it. I cant say enough of how good these BEV's are, The fit & finish is very good, They're super smooth & silent & can leave most cars in the rear view mirror with just a tap on the accelerator Even with high electricity prices home charging at 29p/kWh is infinitely cheaper than going to the petrol station which I haven't been to in 18 months which is rather good to say the least

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:18   #42
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
Derogatory language, there is no way, especially in Scotland, that the phrase, sh1ts & giggles is derogatory, wife has confirmed this, as she's Glaswegian and knows these things, I think I must have hit a nerve somewhere else.
Aye the hit nerve was the derogatory name by which you referred to the Chinese. I guess some people are not bothered by racist terminology but it certainly hits a nerve with me. I guess that's my cross which I have to carry
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2022, 14:06   #43
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Got an email from Chaplehouse MG motors of Wigan this morning where I got my MG ZS EV from.

Hello Ian,

The New MG4 EV is coming soon to Chapelhouse and we are excited to share more information about the car!

Range anxiety? Not with the MG4 EV. You'll have the option of a Standard and Long range option. You can go up to 281 miles* on MG4 EV Long Range and 218 miles* on Standard.

The brand new MG4 Electric is a born eye-catcher from all angles and it comes in 6 colour combinations, from the vibrant Volcano Orange to the elegant Black Pearl. Pick the colour to match your personality.

You like the look but what about the price? Starting from £25,995 on the MG4 EV SE Standard Range, MG4 EV is a no compromise between electric driving and affordability. Find out more and register your interest Today!!

Old 10th August 2022, 21:02   #44
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I guess that's my cross which I have to carry
Which could of course be considered religiously derogatory, but then nothing offends me.
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2022, 18:20   #45
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
They are not MG's, not British for a start, Chinkie. At least the ZR ZS ZT F & TF are British.
I have a trip coming up to Northern Ireland this coming weekend. Just for sh1ts and giggles I put in how many stops I would have to do in one of the MG EV's on a charger planning site, depending on how much charge / anxiety levels I was prepared to put up with, it said I would have to stop anywhere from 3 to 5 times and from 50 to 35 minutes each time. We're going to go in the TF and guess what, we'll only have to stop once, when we get there. We will stop on the way up of course but that will be for a pee and a bite to eat which will take tops, 20 minutes, and I won't be queuing at a charger, and I won't be light footed with it either.

Unless the TF suffers HGF, in which case just one very long stop!
Old 13th August 2022, 12:06   #46
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
So far I have 3 K Series cars in my possession. ZS 1.8, ZT Turbo 1.8, and the wife's TF 1.8. I've had no gasket issues whilst in my possession and the mileages are, TF, 54,000. ZS 135,000 and. ZT Turbo 164,000. I'm going to pull the engine on the Turbo to change all the bearings and maybe a couple of other bits, then a trip to KMaps to up the power once the engine has proved itself.
Old 13th August 2022, 12:08   #47
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Just finished the trip, 1,175 miles, never missed a beat.
Old 27th August 2022, 13:35   #48
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I was surprised to hear that the only cheaper BEV than the MG4 was the Citroen Ami at £6000

MG4 comes in starting at £25995

Old 28th August 2022, 08:25   #49
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Went on another cycle ride yesterday. Everyone was very considerate except a M3 thing that had to prove it had a engine. I thought th black smoke emitted (From a petrol!!!) showed his disregard to fuel management....

Latter there was a loverly lady driving a MG EV who over took me when it was safe and gave me a wave threw th sun roof. It made my day.

Iv been aware of electric vehicles for a while now. Whilst at th Isle of Mann last year i was nearly run over by one. Th white Tesla's they have there, are in great abundance. It was my fault as i was preocuppied with a dripping ice cream but they are sillent at walking pace.

Getting back to th MG EV. It made a real nice whistling noise (carnt descibe it, its that different) that iv never heard before. but it did make me pay attension of its presants.

Well done MG, you know your stuff and your consideration for other road users is noted..
Old 28th August 2022, 16:43   #50
BRMFUN
Avid contributor

MG

I am no EV fan and certainly not a fan of new MG’s and I am no eco warrior. However we are all missing the point, it’s all about consumerism, we must buy new, we must change our new car every 3-4 years etc etc. I think if we all kept our MGR products on the road and did not buy a new car that would help the situation greatly! And the same goes for our laptops, mobile phones and tablets!
Just my opinion and I am no expert!

Too many cars too little time
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote