Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th June 2011, 18:47   #31
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

I agree with Pab on this he does business the way he does because he
is comfortable doing it that way ...If you want to trade with him you do
it on his terms.
Every day you hear about internet scams if you dont take steps to
protect yourself you become a victim simple as that
Old 16th June 2011, 18:48   #32
theoldcodger
the Old Codger

Rover 75 Saloon

Angry the old codger

I, too, have not received goods ordered & paid for by this guy. Despite E mailing several times I have still not received anything in 6 months
Old 16th June 2011, 19:08   #33
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Looking back at the original Post and the chaps concern, I would have been just as suspicious, OK, we all know it's PAB here now, but what if it wasn't, huh? Trust works both ways I'm afraid, I would never hand over money before I know where's it's going, that's why I use Postal Orders when I buy stuff, if they want to sell it, I want to know where it is, period.

But of course we all know it's Pab here, so it's ok, but at the time of the first posting no-one did.

It's a 2-way street, why should I trust this fella if he won't trust me?
Old 16th June 2011, 19:17   #34
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE G View Post
Bit of a fool to yourself there Pab, why not take cash on pick up instead of paypal gettting a cut of your cash. i have never liked the way ebay gets 3 cuts of your cash with listing fee/final valuation/paypal. this is what puts me off using ebay as there coming across to greedy
Try this and only one time life payment no final fees been using it now for neally 8 months you know it make sense
http://www.ebid.net/

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 16th June 2011, 19:30   #35
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Pab is a very sound and genuine nice guy, Had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions and done work for him and his wife very recently.

100% reliable and a great moderator
Old 16th June 2011, 19:32   #36
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

[QUOTE=MangoMan;

But of course we all know it's Pab here, so it's ok, but at the time of the first posting no-one did.

It's a 2-way street, why should I trust this fella if he won't trust me?[/QUOTE]

This is easy for me to say now but when i saw the traders name i would of
PM Pab to see if it was him who was selling the wheels

I think the best thing now is to leave this thread alone and let it sink down the index
Old 16th June 2011, 19:34   #37
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

I agree.....
Old 16th June 2011, 19:35   #38
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldcodger View Post
I, too, have not received goods ordered & paid for by this guy. Despite E mailing several times I have still not received anything in 6 months
Well I think it's probably fair to say you will have drawn his attention to your issue from this thread.

As stated by several posters already, pab is a very reliable and trustworthy man and has been a successful trader on ebay for quite some time with a 100% feedback rating. As a member of the forum, quite aside from his trading status, he is dedicated to helping others in whatever way he can.

I am quite sure that any problem you may have had in buying from him can be resolved swiftly through the PM system, please use it in this instance.

Mangoman is correct, it is all down to trust. We all have to take a leap of faith when buying from relative strangers, and there are pros and cons to which ever strategy you adopt as a buyer or seller.

Going back to the original post, at least in this instance you all now know the seller in question and can rest assured he is not an unknown quantity.

I think it's fair to say the case is closed.

EDIT: I have been asked by the OP to re-open the thread as he wishes to give an update.

Last edited by Reebs; 17th June 2011 at 05:46.. Reason: thread re-opened
Old 17th June 2011, 07:45   #39
JeffD
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T SE

Well it looks like I wont be buying the wheels after all. I received a phone call
from pab last night saying I cant have the wheels as he never wanted to sell them anyway which was followed by message below from eBay.

Quote:
Hello redjeff9999,

pab17964 recently opened a case to cancel a transaction for an item you recently purchased: rover 75 17'' meteor alloy wheels.

Reason for request to cancel the transaction: The seller did not provide a specific reason.

Seller comment: i have decided not to sell this item as i have changed my mind. i was not entirely sure when i listed the item for sale and the the item is now back on the car. I'm sorry for any confusion that i have created and as the seller i realise that the item is mine untill i make the decision to sell.
As eventually agreed with pab I paid a £25 deposit for the wheels with the balance to be paid in cash upon collection. The paypal was done from my confirmed paypal address and directly debited from my bank account. However, rather than issue a refund hes "sent" me a payment from an unconfirmed paypal address which can be charged back. To add insult to injury its incurred paypal fees so I've not even received all my money back and now have a credit paypal balance I don't want rather than funds in my bank account. I'm just thankful that I didn't send the full £175 as originally requested as despite me sending the deposit he still didn't send me his address.

I appreciate some on here may have had good experience with pab but I'm afraid that's just not my experience. Running an auction to the end, accepting a paypal deposit and making arrangments to collect (although he still wouldnt tell me his address) is a bit late in the day to decide you never wanted to sell them anyway IMO. Cant help feeling the real reason is that they didn't reach a high enough price so its just a plain case on welching on an agreement.
Old 17th June 2011, 08:17   #40
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

If you accept the mutual transaction, he gets all of his fees refunded. You do not have to accept this if you don't want.

If a seller refuses to sell, then eBay will issue the seller with a strike (if you make them aware).
Closed Thread