Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2011, 11:24   #11
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Wheel now changed a wifie type person out in car so emergency over.

Still need to fix the door though.

EDIT; whifie type person just rang to say that she has just tried the rear hatch ("it stopped working for no reason so i thought id see if has started working for no reason") and it is working now.
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 11:51   #12
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Handy bit of kit them wifie types ,eh Jonathan!

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 13:34   #13
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

There is some sort of security lock on Tourers which prevents the tailgate opening whilst the car is in motion.

Once the car has stopped this security lock is released. If you are a bit quick with the normal release after pulling up you can get there before the security release has worked and tailgate just wont open.

Trick is to start and move car a few yards and stop. Security lock releases and all is normal again.

Sounds as if this is what happened in this case and I would'nt go to the expense of fault finding unless it happens again (and you have tried restarting and moving car).

Last edited by David3807; 30th June 2011 at 15:17..
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 13:52   #14
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcole81 View Post
I'd suggest getting the door open and seeing if the release button is functioning with it open, can you hear the latch working at all?

At lease whilst you have it open you can fix the wheel... might be worth stripping the door down to see if anything is loose on the inside.

Other than that i'm not too sure as I have a saloon...

Good luck .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra View Post
happened to me, agree pull off rubber surrond under chrome boot handle to get at release button, mine was caused by mat getting trapped between door and boot floor.
I think the O/P said both the tailgate and the glass hatch had stopped working IIRC??

On the Tourer Both Catches are Eletro Mechanical I belive and what you operate is is a micro switch in both cases! - unlike the saloon of which some (at least) models have a key operated (mechanical) lock plus the electric release

So I would still be looking for a broken wire!! - its the only common item between both- which would be consistant with both the glass hatch/tailgate catch working intermitantly - has SWMBO tried the tailgate as well as the hatch ?

HTH??

Andy

P.S had the rubber boot mat get jammed in the tailgate catch before myself!! - Why Do They slide backwards!! they are shaped and I DONT accelerate that hard!! - Happily the hatch still worked and it was an easy job to get to the Tailgate emergency cord!!

Last edited by Trophy Blue Tourer; 30th June 2011 at 13:59..
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 18:54   #15
Talago
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer 1969 Rover P6 3500 V8 1973 Rover P6 3500 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan63 View Post
wifie type person just rang to say that she has just tried the rear hatch ("it stopped working for no reason so i thought id see if has started working for no reason") and it is working now.
Simple. Your car is obviously female
Talago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 19:25   #16
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talago View Post
Simple. Your car is obviously female
Wifie type person can be really annoying at times (most time in fact).
She did a lot of sniggering when she came home. "its been fine while i been out in it".

While she has been out in "IT".
"Its not an it! SHE is a Rover 75, lady and dont you forget it"
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 08:55   #17
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Blue Tourer View Post
Glad you found the emergency release cord!!

The most common fault for causing this is a broken wire in the rubber "boot" running between bodyshell and tailgate in my experiance and definatly the first place to look!!

HTH?

Andy
It does appear to be an electrical problem due to the fact that neither the tailgate or window will unlock. There is a few pics below from a tailgate stripdown how to I did a while back. You can check the pulse signal from the supply side of the primary loom plug above the N/S hinge in first pic. If you are lucky you will have a signal here, and the problem is confined to the tailgate making it easy peasy. If not you need to remove the loom to feed a new wire through if there is a break The second pic shows the loom removed from the tailgate. Pay no attention to the extra wiring you see, they are to reversing camera and tailgate coutesy lighting I installed.

Intermittent may also be a loose plug connection if you are lucky, if you are not it might be also be a break in the wiring as Andy said,

Last edited by Devilish; 1st July 2011 at 09:01..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote