Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th May 2020, 20:45   #1
chambl01
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default Cruise control lost

Hi all,

I fitted an original Rover Harmon Kardon Loom, Amp and Sub to my 75. I also fitted a new double din system and removed my dashboard trim to replace it with the original real wood dashboard. After completion, everything was perfect. However, on a run down the local dual carriageway, my cruise control switch lights up but no cruise control light on the instrument panel. I did remove the instrument panel to fix a problem with my heater matrix but gutted I've now lost my cruise control. Does anyone have any ideas ? The cruise control was perfect until i added my new original rover bits.

The loom was changed, straight forward but found i have an extra grey/white plug i didn't have on the original wired loom. I don't know what its for but not too worried because mine didn't have it . Have i disturbed something....?

Any Ideas ?

03, 75 diesel Connie....sorry, forgot to say its a manual

Thank you

Last edited by chambl01; 17th May 2020 at 10:52.. Reason: Added text
chambl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 21:20   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I'd like to offer a suggestion but as it has nothing to do with any work you have carried out and so I'm worried I will feel or be humiliated because your fault has nothing to do with what I am thinking of. I'm not even sure if the item I'm thinking of would even give the results that are being experienced.

So do I offer a suggestion or not?

Check the switches at the top of the clutch pedal if a manual and brake pedal have not become dislodged.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 21:36   #3
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambl01 View Post
Hi all,

I fitted an original Rover Harmon Kardon Loom, Amp and Sub to my 75. I also fitted a new double din system and removed my dashboard trim to replace it with the original real wood dashboard. After completion, everything was perfect. However, on a run down the local dual carriageway, my cruise control switch lights up but no cruise control light on the instrument panel. I did remove the instrument panel to fix a problem with my heater matrix but gutted I've now lost my cruise control. Does anyone have any ideas ? The cruise control was perfect until i added my new original rover bits.

The loom was changed, straight forward but found i have an extra grey/white plug i didn't have on the original wired loom. I don't know what its for but not too worried because mine didn't have it . Have i disturbed something....?

Any Ideas ?

03, 75 diesel Connie

Thank you
Not saying this is the case but sometimes swapping bits over does not work. Cruise Control is part of the ZCS coding in your ECU. Suggest you talk to Mariana Brian or Big Russ.
Old 16th May 2020, 21:43   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS Disco View Post
Not saying this is the case but sometimes swapping bits over does not work. Cruise Control is part of the ZCS coding in your ECU. Suggest you talk to Mariana Brian or Big Russ.
Fifth digit of the SA string Stu

If the OP's cruise was factory and worked before, I wonder if he's disturbed the clutch switch

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 21:45   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

If the OP's cruise was factory and worked before, I wonder if he's disturbed the clutch switch

Brian
Either that or the double din has upset things...
Old 16th May 2020, 21:59   #6
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Assuming you have a manual gearbox then you may have pulled the clutch pedal up thus knocking the switch out, simple to adjust, push the clutch pedal down with your right hand and with your left hand simply push the switch down, it will make a series of clicking noises as you press it down, then slowly let the clutch pedal out after youve brought your left arm back out.
Before you do this you need to find it and being a contortionist certainly helps, it sits on top of the clutch pedal, there is also one atop of the brake pedal however I've not heard of this one giving peeps any probs.
If you have an auto then it is the switch above the brake pedal and is adjusted the same way.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2020, 07:12   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

phew I feel relived, so many replies saying the same as me, even if wrong we are all wrong together not just me

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2020, 21:34   #8
SKS Disco
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

Brian
Sorry Brian but this one time I have to disagree.
Column 5 of the SA string controls Xenons and 04 model year
Column 6 of the SA string controls :-
Cruise control = 8
Traction control = 4
V8 diagnostics = 2
2 speed cooling fan = 1

Won't confuse people with doing the possible hexadecimal strings for those combinations.

You are more likely to be correct on your diagnosis anyway

Take care
Old 17th May 2020, 22:39   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS Disco View Post
Sorry Brian but this one time I have to disagree.
Column 5 of the SA string controls Xenons and 04 model year
Column 6 of the SA string controls :-
Cruise control = 8
Traction control = 4
V8 diagnostics = 2
2 speed cooling fan = 1

Won't confuse people with doing the possible hexadecimal strings for those combinations.

You are more likely to be correct on your diagnosis anyway

Take care
You are of course right Stu, it's a while since I last had to calculate SA coding

Anyway if you have cruise, TC, X12ATTC diag, and 2 speed fan, then the sixth digit is F

Heading to the smoke tomorrow via Leicester and Stevenage, so I'd better get my head down soon

Bri
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2020, 14:01   #10
chambl01
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Default Cruise Control now fixed - Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambl01 View Post
Hi all,

Any Ideas ?

03, 75 diesel Connie....sorry, forgot to say its a manual

Thank you
Hi guys,

Thank you to those who replied. Its now fixed. Macafee2, Tricky and Marinabrian were bang on. It was indeed the switch under the Clutch. I don't know how i disturbed it, but moved it back and absolutely perfect. You certainly do have to contorsion your body to sort it, but it only takes a mere few minutes from start to finish. Quote me a "very happy" man

Thank you
chambl01 is offline   Reply With Quote