Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2022, 13:49   #1
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Default Reversing camera fit woes

My recent purchase of another Connie came with a Highline system. Amongst many things I'm tinkering with (stripping parts off my donor car to get the best of both), I've updated the complete ICE with later modules (including similar BMW items. All is working fine, though obviously the TV cannot receive the old analogue channels.
I noted that the video unit can have a reversing camera fitted, so an ebay purchase of a camera was done. With temporary wiring it briefly worked, but I felt the mounting angle was wrong and there was no way to adjust it. So camera 2 (and 3) were ordered, with hinged brackets. In the meantime I installed the wiring.
When cam 2 arrived, it didn't have the on-screen grid, so I ditched it. Cam 3, when connected in, has a permanent 'rolling' picture so looks like it is faulty.
All 3 have different connectors, so my wiring has them cut off, with crimps used instead. All wiring has been conn checked; I've even added a better +ve feed from the reverse lights, instead of the VERY thin red wire in the kit, in case of excessive voltage drop.
Cam 1 has been modified with a hinged bracket from cam 3, so now locates correctly. However I get a blank (black) picture. If cam 3 is substituted, that works (though rolling). To me, this says my wiring is correct and cam 1 is now faulty. Or have I missed something?
I've read though a lot of the various posts on here and noted someone mentioned connecting the reverse wire into the head unit from the loom behind it, is this correct? I can't see why.
I am about to order another cam 1, but if anyone can spot I've done something wrong?
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2022, 09:28   #2
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

I've now fitted cam4 (looks similar to cam 1). I had to cut the connectors off & solder the wires to my existing wiring. Exactly the same result though; engage reverse, the screen switches on and there is a blank dark screen, I've conn checked the wiring again, no problems. What is wrong? Does the monitor end need any wiring changes? Is the picture type wrong from the camera (not sure what it is until I look it up, PAL etc)? I do have a cctv video checker, I'll have to dig it out and do some checks.
Any ideas?
Old 5th August 2022, 11:36   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I have found on my aftermarket digital tv set up if the PAL or NTSC setting is incorrect you get the rolling picture

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 17:36   #4
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Having fitted camera 4, I am wondering if anyone else has tried this one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332959430032 (I think it is the one I got, though about twice the price now).
Or can anyone recommend one? This latest one also gives a blank screen. I'm still searching for my test generator, but have con - checked all wiring, and changed the tv unit etc. Reverse gear selection switches to the rev camera ok but no picture.