Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2022, 14:18   #11
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Its a lot of material to remove from the disc and i dont have much confidence in the manfacturer process especilly when considered the other disc has no groove so one would like to assume it was made perfectly balanced but has been through the balancing test and did not need balancing in that expensive machine. Then in my mind as a former production manager it leads to a question of quality and process if two discs from the same production process have such a difference. I am going to drive Nigel tho regardless and we are going to stop when we need to right where need to.

The balancing process is done after all other machining process's, centering, machining to dia and thickness etc are finished, some need a fair amount to balance, some a tiny amount some none at all, just the vagaries of starting with a casting, even if machined from a billet or carbon fiber some balancing may be needed.

The main things are, that they are balanced, it doesn't affect the integrity of the disc and I think that the manufactures know what they are doing.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:08   #12
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
The balancing process is done after all other machining process's, centering, machining to dia and thickness etc are finished, some need a fair amount to balance, some a tiny amount some none at all, just the vagaries of starting with a casting, even if machined from a billet or carbon fiber some balancing may be needed.

The main things are, that they are balanced, it doesn't affect the integrity of the disc and I think that the manufactures know what they are doing.

Yeah i bought the eicher as known good quality brand but thanks none the less for sharing still suprised tho at such variance at least they sort it out in the expensive balancing mill machine.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote