Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2011, 21:45   #1
burnsey

Rover 75 saloon

Default Automatic gear display not showing

Hi
this is my first posting so sorry if I seem bit green on matters. I have just aquired a 2003 Classic SE CDT Automatic saloon with H-line SatNav. The car drives fine but the gear selection display does not light up. The trip mileage and temp displays eitherside of where it shoud be are fine. Also the sport and snow modes do not work. I assume the problems are linked.
I have a trip computer button on the indicator stalk but no display on either the dash or the sat nav screen. The sat nav screen does not show the link to the the "trip computer" The TV and Sat Nav work fine. Is it worth disconnecting battery to reboot (powering down correctly first) only problem I have is not knowing if radio/cd/satnav code will be needed as I don't have one - Any suggestions ?
burnsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 23:10   #2
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsey View Post
Hi
this is my first posting so sorry if I seem bit green on matters. I have just aquired a 2003 Classic SE CDT Automatic saloon with H-line SatNav. The car drives fine but the gear selection display does not light up. The trip mileage and temp displays eitherside of where it shoud be are fine. Also the sport and snow modes do not work. I assume the problems are linked.
I have a trip computer button on the indicator stalk but no display on either the dash or the sat nav screen. The sat nav screen does not show the link to the the "trip computer" The TV and Sat Nav work fine. Is it worth disconnecting battery to reboot (powering down correctly first) only problem I have is not knowing if radio/cd/satnav code will be needed as I don't have one - Any suggestions ?
Is the red dot light next to the gear lever working?
If not try cleaning the plug connection with elec spray- worked on mine.
good luck.
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 23:39   #3
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

The radio unit in the hi line sat nav set up is not coded but you do have to make sure that the sat nav has shut down properly before disconnecting battery.

1 Open drivers door, bonnet and boot and leave open.

2/ wait until lights on sat nav unit have gone out - about 2 to 3 minutes. Dont open/shut any doors or switch anything else on as this re activates the cars electrics.

3/ Disconnect battery.

4/wait 15 minutes

5 Reconnect battery

PS and welcome to the forum
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 13:03   #4
burnsey

Rover 75 saloon

Hi thanks for that - yes the red light next to gear lever is on - i'll do the reboot and see what happens will let you know.
burnsey is offline   Reply With Quote